Return setup guys...

lxhatch302

Established Member
ok ive searched for pictures here for how you guys have your setup done...

kinda stuck on where to attempt to put the 2-1y block and also where to mount the regulator after the rails...

If there is enough room on the back side of the strut tower ill put the y block there but still stumped on where to mount the reg....

jimc04

Established Member
im going to mount mine on the drivers side valve cover. are you talking about the y block in the engine compartment? or after the fuel hat?

jimc04

Established Member
okay i reread ur post. you dont have to use a y block you can run your feed right to the rail. i also want to use a 1-2 yblock i 'm thinking passanger side i might have to make a bracket.

Janstang

Established Member
My main feed line comes up on the passenger side like the stock line did. I put the y-block about a foot from the back of the passenger fuel rail. It then feeds individually to both sides. It feeds out of the front of both rails, over to the regulator, and then a -8 return line runs out the bottom of the regulator back to the tank.(Hopefully that makes sense)

lxhatch302

Established Member
i know all of that...

im just trying to get an idea of where you guys are mounting your regulators at and also the y block...

GodStang

Established Member
Ok I mounted the triple Y-Block and fuel filter on the lip in front of the rear passenger tire almost right next to the mufflers. I will try to get a pic of it this weekend.

As for Regulator I copied Vandersnk04 I think is his screen name. I took a sheet of steel cut it and polished it to a mirror. Swapped two of the valve cover bolts on the passenger side to studs and mounted it there. It is 6in off the firewall so it passes regulations.

fst86410

Established Member
I mounted my regulator right on the end of the fuel rail. Fuel comes in on the passenger side rear, then goes across to the drivers side front and at the end of the fuel rail in the back of the fuel rail is my regulator. I dont think this will work unless you delet the egr though.

da2k17

Established Member
ill be putting in my trip return in a few weeks, can some one tell me how to route the fuel lines? ive been reading a few different ways, is there a benefit to any particular one?

should it be split before the rails to feed each individually?
if so should it then be y'd back into one line to the regulator?

or should one line go right to a rail then out to the other then to the regulator?

never did a return system before so im a bit lost after reading all the possible ways ive heard it done.

sorry for thread jack.

lxhatch302

Established Member
ill be putting in my trip return in a few weeks, can some one tell me how to route the fuel lines? ive been reading a few different ways, is there a benefit to any particular one?

should it be split before the rails to feed each individually?
if so should it then be y'd back into one line to the regulator?

or should one line go right to a rail then out to the other then to the regulator?

never did a return system before so im a bit lost after reading all the possible ways ive heard it done.

sorry for thread jack.

i personally have and will always mount the reg. after the rails...Y the feed line and feed each rail individually then plum both lines off the rails into reg. then one return line out the bottom

bb97gt

Established Member
Mounted the y block behind the passenger side fender liner, regulator is on the back side of the drivers side strut tower. I will post some pics tomorrow for ya.

bb97gt

Established Member
feed line goes into y-block in passenger side fender, (sorry can't really see it but heres how they enter the engine bay, then to the rails)

2011-03-08112434.jpg

180's out of rails and return back behind the blower and to regulator

2011-03-08112506.jpg

regulator mounted behind driver's side strut tower

2011-03-08112526.jpg

I did have to get a few random fittings but I hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread