Return fuel system question

malo012000

Established Member
I have a fore system on my cobra and right now its run from tank through rails to regulator then back to tank. I have seen it run from tank to regulator with a line from regulator to rails deadheaded and the fuel returns from regular to tank. What way is a better route. Today I was up and down on throttle in the mountains and smelled fuel pretty bad with no leaks. Should I switch to the deadheaded line to rails from regulator??

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
What kind of fuel lines did you use?

The way you have it now is called a "flow-through" design which is the way Fore recommended and also my tuner Malcolm.
Tank > fuel filter > Y-block > from Y-block have 2 lines feed the rails individually > go OUT the rails into regulator > bottom of regulator BACK into fuel tank.

malo012000

Established Member
I have a fore system on my cobra and right now its run from tank through rails to regulator then back to tank. I have seen it run from tank to regulator with a line from regulator to rails deadheaded and the fuel returns from regular to tank. What way is a better route. Today I was up and down on throttle in the mountains and smelled fuel pretty bad with no leaks. Should I switch to the deadheaded line to rails from regulator??

Ptfe

malo012000

Established Member
What kind of fuel lines did you use?

The way you have it now is called a "flow-through" design which is the way Fore recommended and also my tuner Malcolm.
Tank > fuel filter > Y-block > from Y-block have 2 lines feed the rails individually > go OUT the rails into regulator > bottom of regulator BACK into fuel tank.
I also went in one rail then to the other then out to regulator

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd check your gaskets. The type of system doesn't affect the smell. The type of lines used and any leaks will cause it.

As long as the regulator is after the rails it's a flow through system.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I second above.

I have PTFE and have zero smell.

Most common places for a leak are the filler neck grommet and hat; in that order in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread