Retune with 123 JLT cai and catless xpipe lost power

Reis racing

Established Member
Got a retune for the 123mm cai and catless x-pipe, lost 40hp. He also said I lost 1lb of boost. The only reason I changed cause he said I was maxing out my JLT 110 cai setup. Am I better off putting my high flow cats back on?

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Got a retune for the 123mm cai and catless x-pipe, lost 40hp. He also said I lost 1lb of boost. The only reason I changed cause he said I was maxing out my JLT 110 cai setup. Am I better off putting my high flow cats back on?

What size pulley are you on? I can't think of a single reason why you would lose 40rwhp after installing a catless midpipe and larger CAI. Possibly different weather conditions between seperate dyno sessions? 40rwhp is a pretty big difference though.

-Nick

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Are the mods in your signature accurate and was this 40rwhp on the dyno? What did it dyno at before and dyno after.

Reis racing

Established Member
Same dyno different conditions it made 680hp before . Stock 13 Tvs on my 08. This was done on a dyno pack the ones that bolt to the axles. Mods in sig except for 123mm and catless pipe. Stock 13 pulley and stock lower pulley

devilish64

Established Member
I 100% felt a loss in low end torq when I put my off road pipe on.... and felt the corresponding gain when I put the stock pipe back on. I wouldnt think it would be anywhere close to 40rwhp though...... and your definitely not gonna lose power going from the 110mm intake to the 123mm. Somethings not right

Reis racing

Established Member
He also said my air temps where high, I didn't put the heat shield on, he's going to try with it on to see if there is a difference

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
The only thing I can think of is if you don't have an upgraded H/E and you drove to the dyno and got right on. The blower possibly being heat soaked. Then the time it takes you to change out your mid pipe might be enough time for it to cool back down when you put your catted ones back on. Just a thought. Other than that I have no clue why you'd lose power? Did you have him turn the rear O2 sensors off?

Reis racing

Established Member
Yes I always thought that about dyno packs, being higher then others. I wasn't there when he dynoed it, but he might of street tuned it before the dyno not sure, but it did loose 1lb of boost so the exhaust is flowing better now

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You for sure wouldn't lose whp but maybe a little torque. Different conditions on separate days will play a factor, I wouldn't worry to much about it as long as the a/f looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread