Retrofitting '13/'14 GT500 Bilstein Damp-Tronic's to any '07-'12 GT500

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I bought mine from Ford. The P/N’s are in the Autonation online ordering thread.

Steven Mike

@Tob what advantages would these dampers have over Bilstein HD B6 dampers? I recently got a line on a set for cheap and can't find any info on how they compare.

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Quality wise they are likely similar. The main difference I believe is going to lie in the fact that one could go Jekyl/Hyde at the touch of a button and the other one cannot.

Steven Mike

Quality wise they are likely similar. The main difference I believe is going to lie in the fact that one could go Jekyl/Hyde at the touch of a button and the other one cannot.
Gotcha. You would say that the aftermarket Bilsteins might be hyde all the time or in between jekyll and hyde?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well, conventional systems, more specifically "performance orientated" are often accompanied with a bit of compromise. Usually in the form of giving up some level of ride quality softness on the street. Then again, if a firmness increase is what you are looking for...they may be a perfect match for you!

FirstTexan

Established Member
I have had both cars and systems. On my 2013 I found the sport setting to be too firm for Houston's bad streets. I kept mine off sport. I have Bilsteins on my 2011 and do not miss electronic control. Elementary system that wasn't needed for street driving. IMO.

FirstTexan

Established Member
I found the normal setting to be very similar to my 2011 SVT PP with Bilsteins. Which is outstanding. Much better than the factory Tokiko's

Users who are viewing this thread