Retrofitted headlights in!!

SLOWNED

Established Member
OK so i've hated how poorly my 03 cobra lights up the road at night. I've owned many cars with projector headlights and I just couldn't drive another car without them.

So...after seeing lots of pictures of a member on here with the handle Yuke175 who does custom retrofits...I hit him up about doing a set for my car. He was very easy to deal with and very professional. He showed me some options and extra touches that he can do for me and in the end i opted for some smoked housings. I won't post the price i paid but I will say that his prices were VERY reasonable. Especially for something that I feel will make my nighttime driving much safer. So I sent him a set of new headlights and he did the rest.

I also want to add that Chris is an outstanding guy and his customer service is TOP NOTCH. He sent me text messages throughout the entire process with updates on his progress. He also let me know when it was shipped out and provided me with a tracking number. FedEx even damaged my headlights in shipment and he went the extra mile to take them back and redo another set for me.

I don't have very many pics because it's dark outside and I just finished installing and aiming them earlier this evening but get the idea. Overall, I'm more than satisfied with my headlights and I totally recommend Chris to anyone who is looking for some retrofit work.

Before with halogen lights
halogen1.jpg

halogen.jpg

After with projectors
photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
They look fantastic! Nice buy :beer: Id love to see some daylight pics of the housing.

Nobody retrofits like Yuke!

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
those look pretty damn bright, get ready to have ppl flashing you all day and night. mine are just as bright, at least 3 ppl a day will try to blind me with their high beams, so I just turn my highbeams on and blind them twice as much lol.

yuke175

Established Member
those look pretty damn bright, get ready to have ppl flashing you all day and night. mine are just as bright, at least 3 ppl a day will try to blind me with their high beams, so I just turn my highbeams on and blind them twice as much lol.

Actually, he wont. A proper HID projector retrofit will aim the light where is should be, not just simulate a bright light like pointless "hid" bulbs. The output is similar to what you see on high end bmws, audis, inifiniti, etc...

yuke175

Established Member
I'm sure he will get some pics up but these are his, stock style blacked out

2012-04-02_19-46-26_509.jpg

SLOWNED

Established Member
Some daytime pics for those who wanted to see how they look. I love them!

I'll take some pics of the cutoff later on this evening when its dark outside. I think i found the perfect spot to show off the beams cutoff.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I really like those.

They not only produce a perfect cut off pattern but they look almost completely stock.

Even thought the chrome "Gattling Gun" surrounds look nice, I think they draw too much attention to the headlights. Your blacked out housings look perfect.

Another great job yuke175

yuke175

Established Member
Some daytime pics for those who wanted to see how they look. I love them!

I'll take some pics of the cutoff later on this evening when its dark outside. I think i found the perfect spot to show off the beams cutoff.

They look great, real sharp car!

I really like those.

They not only produce a perfect cut off pattern but they look almost completely stock.

Even thought the chrome "Gattling Gun" surrounds look nice, I think they draw too much attention to the headlights. Your blacked out housings look perfect.

Another great job yuke175

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words, let me know if I can hook you up with your own set.

-Chris

gabe1530

Banned
wow those look amazing and nearly stock. thats the main reason why i never got them. how much extra amperage do they pull?
i bookmarked your webpage for a future order :D

Last edited:

yuke175

Established Member
wow those look amazing and nearly stock. thats the main reason why i never got them. how much extra amperage do they pull?
i bookmarked your webpage for a future order :D

Thanks,

Manufacturer's literature says 8-amp quick-fire up draw.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
looks good. stangin99 did mine and they are awesome! Only problem is I have been too busy to drive the cobra and enjoy them.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Chris is about to start working on a set for my daily driver. I'm excited to see the progress and get them later on. I totaled my prior DD because thanks to one of the many deer near my house. I think some HID headlights should prevent this from happening again.

SLOWNED

Established Member
c6e4d230-2d7c-54bf.jpg

c6e4d230-2dac-08d3.jpg

c6e4d230-2dd4-7803.jpg

I took some night time pics for those who were interested in seeing the cutoff. One of the best mods ive done so far...I can now see more than 10 ft on front of my car at night.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Sounds like you're another PnP HID fanboy :bored:

I took some night time pics for those who were interested in seeing the cutoff. One of the best mods ive done so far...I can now see more than 10 ft on front of my car at night.

Yup, looks like MH1's to me :beer: Enjoy the new found light!

Users who are viewing this thread