"retrofit" projector headlights

GoingHaam

Established Member
I was bored doing random searches on ebay and saw this. And I was wondering in anyone has purchased these lights....

These are the first aftermarket lights with projectors that didnt have the lame/cheap halo-thing going on.... and look nearly OEM and have claim to be Retrofit.....

anyonwe have a clue how the cutoff looks with HIDs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Ford-Mustang-Black-New-Custom-Retrofit-Projector-Headlights-/301393209369?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang&hash=item462c6f6819&vxp=mtr

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
The cutoff with projectors is very sharp. I don't think it really has much to do with the light source as much as it does with the optics.

EDIT: the linked headlight looks like it is just the H1 regular bulb - not an HID bulb. They make H1 HID bulbs though - it's what I used for my retrofit - but I would think you would almost need to re-wire some of it to add the ballast into the mix. The hard work of sealing the Projector into the housing is already done though.

Last edited:

GoingHaam

Established Member
That's the thing. ... it comes with a Halogen bulb but, a HID bulb won't necessarily have the same cut off or beam characteristics. Ive seen custom made retrofits, but don't know much about these production ones

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
An H1 bulb is an H1 bulb. The projected light should be the same (kind of the beauty of the optics).

Bigggy

Established Member
Don't....tue projector on this type of cheap HL are junk...they are way far from being OK...been there done that, I have a similar set and they are junk. It will cost a lot more, but go with a good retrofit like Yukes or do your own with good projector (what I'm doing right now). The back reflector of the projector is black..and had burn with the halogen bulb they came with...

Last edited:

Josh662234

Established Member
I too am curious about these lights. they look . . decent. Better than stock.
Certainly the quality will not be the same as a private party retrofit. They're about 1/6th of the price.
Cheap enough to take the risk IMO

weaselp1

Established Member
i might try them out...they have a 60 day money back guarantee. Its winter here yet in wisconsin, so i would buy them in march and be ready for april for when i take the cobra out of storage

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Are you looking for these lights? IMAG0073 (640x351).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread