Retrofit install instructions?

03Predator

Established Member
Trying to find the right forum to put this in. I ordered a set of retrofit headlights and can't seem to find any instructions online for the install. I've messaged the manufacturer but I'm not sure he's received my message. Most of the kit is self explanatory except for the night time demon eye. That part is confusing us. Any help?

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Are the demon eyes supposed to be on like day time running lights? Our cars don't have DRL stock - so I would imagine you kind of have to create one for it.

03Predator

Established Member
Yes, as far as I know, a switch must be wired in to the cabin...? But I've no idea how to do this. And the demon eye is meant to come on independently of the headlights. I took it to a shop today and he said, "I always advise customers, 'No, no, no, no!'" According to him, the relays catch fire??? Ugh! I wouldn't think this would be a problem if there's a fuse but then I don't really know what I'm doing at all...which is why I need HELP!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
If it is to come on with independent of the park/fog or headlights - you will more than likely need tap into or create a circuit for it. I would imagine the draw of the LEDs used will be next to nothing - as it doesn't have to shine very bright. There should be different spots you can tap into from under the hood. I haven't done anything like this to my car, so I can't really advise on which fuse or relay to tap into in order to make this work on it's own. Crazy thought is to use the supercharger pump relay - you would know the pump is running when the demon shows it's eyes....

I also think you are right in your thought of it being easy to shield against a fire with an inline fuse placed right at the power source. Measure how much current draws and use a fuse rated slightly higher. I got to imagine you wouldn't need a fuse larger than 3 Amps. That fuse should pop fairly quickly too if you happen to introduce a short or anything like that.

If it is to turn on with the park or fog lights - I think it would be easy to create a cable that would split the power so you wouldn't really need to splice into the car's harness. You can always put an inline fuse there as well to ensure you protect the car in case of something going wrong.

I've thought of adding some sort of low power lights to be used as DRLs - just haven't started that project just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread