retro dash

tparrott2

Established Member
could not get picture to post but ... i put the SVT emblem from Speedconcept.com on my 99 Cobra dash likre the 03-04 Cobras...real easy to do and it looks great..

Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
can you provide a good link? The one you posted and doing a search on google comes up empty.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
tparrott2 said:
sorry.... .net not .com...speedconcepts.net

ok....

here's a picture for us to look at
STICKER9901C_Complete.jpg

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Nice idea

Cool idea, but it looks to me like it's a different shade of red than both the needles and the reline hash marks and that kinda bugs me. Maybe it's just the camera that makes it look that way...

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
tparrott2 said:
how how did you post that picture?><<:{"
L_{)K{

Easy...
- Found the picture on the web site
- Right clicked on the picture and went to "properties"
- Copied the URL of the picture
- Came back here made the post like normal but copied the link into it.
- In front of the link I just typed {img} and at the end I typed {/img} just replacing the {} with [].

fairly simple :thumbsup:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
anothersvtguy said:
Cool idea, but it looks to me like it's a different shade of red than both the needles and the reline hash marks and that kinda bugs me. Maybe it's just the camera that makes it look that way...

Dude - you suck.

That never would have bothered me until you said something - and I just orderd one....lol

tparrott2

Established Member
color is ok i just put mine on ...it's not like i'm just looking at them all the time....thanks for the photo info..needles are brighter...but SVT and gauge red look the same......next is the 97

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
i totaly dig ur blue guages.... how do you get the clear plastic peace off, i had trouble when i tried it a couple months ago and gave up not wanting to break anything??

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
SNAKIE said:
i totaly dig ur blue guages.... how do you get the clear plastic peace off, i had trouble when i tried it a couple months ago and gave up not wanting to break anything??

My understanding (I haven't done it yet) was that it unscrewed from the gauge cluster....however on my 95 when I installed a billet overlay, I took a razor knife and cut the glue points away. Just be careful and it will come up with out a problem. Then you just use some adhesive to seal it back up.

not too hard....but I was really hoping the clear plastic piece would unscrew so I could replace it (previous owner scratched it up pretty good.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
^you could wet sand w/ 2K grit sandpaper then polish w/ plastix to get rid of the scratches

OP- I'm not sure if i'd use the term "retro", thats more of a mach1 speedo look. The red svt sticker is more termy or lightning style.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
The flash makes the colors seem "slightly off", but they do match the gauges perfectly. The needles are always a slightly lighter color than evrything else in the gauges.

btw, there is no cutting anything with the gauges. Just remove the 4 screws and the top plastic comes off. Install the sticker, and put everything back together again. ~ 15 minutes for the entire job..oh..and add an extra 5 minutes to decide if it's straight or not and whether you should apply it to stick. (haha)

Thanks for the 2 orders, they leave right now with today's mail.

Last edited:

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
cool thanks guys..i have no idea how i didnt figure that out when i removed the trim peace...what an idiot haha

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
01_SVT said:
looks great...ordered one too! lol

Shipped via US-MAIL 10/9/2006 at 10:09am PST

:thumbsup:

3 stickers left in stock then we're sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread