Resurrection

03cobraracer

Established Member
Has anybody here rebuilt a totaled cobra before? I'm possibly buying a 03 coupe shell that needs a radiator support and figured I would see if a lot of other people have brought some of these cars back to life after they were crashed or just stripped for parts or whatever. I don't care about the salvage title I already have my other cobra which is fine just looking for something to keep me busy in the garage for a while. Need some inspiration! lol

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Has anybody here rebuilt a totaled cobra before? I'm possibly buying a 03 coupe shell that needs a radiator support and figured I would see if a lot of other people have brought some of these cars back to life after they were crashed or just stripped for parts or whatever. I don't care about the salvage title I already have my other cobra which is fine just looking for something to keep me busy in the garage for a while. Need some inspiration! lol

Depends on how hard a hit it took and what's left on the carcass. If you had to spend $$ to replace everything Cobra specific, it could get you close to a 100k mile Cobra with a clean title. Whatever you decide, get it spec'd on a frame machine before you buy. Front rails don't like it when radiator supports take a hit. Is this a rarer color Cobra? MG, OW, etc?

03cobraracer

Established Member
No it's a silver 03 coupe and just the bottom of the rad support got bent up. I'm waiting to see the rest of under the hood and frame rails etc. I'm gonna get the shell for $600 it only will have doors, a dash, and some other misc parts. I know it could be cheaper to buy a high mileage car cheap but I'm gonna spend a few years building it though since I can't shell out tons of money on another one up front.

I may also see if I can find any stripped clean title cars that haven't been hit also.

Last edited:

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I recently bought an '01 Bullitt project that was tapped in the front. It needed a lot including motor, radiator core, heater core, paint work... just tons of stuff. It had all the Bullitt specific stuff and with 92k miles and clean title, I couldn't pass it up. Although I could have saved the radiator core, I'm kind of a perfectionist and I chose to replace the whole unit with a very straight, used from a salvage yard. It was a very satisfying project personally. So, like me.. you have a vision. It just takes time and money beyond that! Good luck with the build brother. It would also be cool to see a build thread on this. IMG_0312.JPG

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
IMG_0456.JPGIMG_0611.JPG

A shot of inspiration... at least with the radiator core! Good luck with the build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread