Resurrecting Previous Vanity Plates

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
I know from experience that some state motor vehicle bureaus don't have their vanity plate availability databases upto date with actual availability for plates that were previously in use.

So I was wondering if anyone here ever got one of their previous vanity plates reinstated? And was the plate available for use immediately or did you have to jump through hoops to show them that you were the last one to "secure" the vanity name you were asking to reinstate?

venmos1

Established Member
i know when i went and registered my cobra with my vanity plate the town computers said the plate was available. then when they went to issue it it was not available. so they called the state dmv and asked about it. the state then looked it up and it was not being used so they released it immediately and i was able to register under that plate. state should be able to see if its currently in use and if not release it to be used.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
venmos1 said:
i know when i went and registered my cobra with my vanity plate the town computers said the plate was available. then when they went to issue it it was not available. so they called the state dmv and asked about it. the state then looked it up and it was not being used so they released it immediately and i was able to register under that plate. state should be able to see if its currently in use and if not release it to be used.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear....thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread