Results from the drag strip today!!!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had a great time at the drag strip in Rockingham, NC today, excellent weather. I didnt achieve my goals however I made some great progress. Today was my first trip with my bolt-ons, tune, and tires, mods are....AR LT headers with hi flow cats, Maganaflow catback, Airaid cai, metco billet lca's/brackets, steeda springs, mgw, RT-S Welds (15x10 with 275/50 MT's + 17x5 with 185/55's).

photo-26.gif

Before I went to the strip I made a few pulls on the dyno to make sure the tune was perfect. Huge thanks to Monty at JMS for the immediate turnaround of my tune. Unfortunately this dyno chart does not show the revisions which definitely yielded more power. A/F's on this chart were 11.9-12.0, 40hp/40tq over stock baseline before final tuning adjustments.

photo-25.gif

My best pass was an 11.76 at 123.41, 1.79 60ft. I just could not get the launch dialed in, struggled with finding the perfect tire pressure. The stock clutch HATED 17psi and would bog/slip as soon as I went into 2nd/3rd gear. It 'tolerated' launches when the pressure was 20psi+, which resulted in a lot of spinning. I also over heated my clutch a few times trying to get a good burnout. Now I know what the stock clutch likes and doesnt like :lol1:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu28Dh4StYI"]Boss at The Rock - YouTube[/nomedia]

here's an in-cabin vid

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_fvwmBsfXo&feature=plcp&context=C356259bUDOEgsToPDskJMkTCjGSjPANoIrgytof9O"]Boss 302 in-cabin quarter mile drag strip Rockingham - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcakcPaEqrk&feature=plcp&context=C3774cb8UDOEgsToPDskKI_mKwBKURDXvxFGGu6U_U"]Boss at the strip in Rockingham, bolt-ons/tires - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

superman

Established Member
good run--there is a whole lot more in it. you and your friend had very nice Boss's. nice meeting you today.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Thanks!

The Welds are coming off, stock wheels/tires going back on till I go back to the strip. Gotta be safe! I probably wont go back to the strip until I install a stronger clutch and a line lock. She'll be good to go then, mid/low 11's.

04nccobra

Established Member

Great looking car and awesome track times, what part of NC are you from? Also smart move on the clutch, I smoked my stock SS on it's first pass last time out, still looking for a good replacement.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Great looking car and awesome track times, what part of NC are you from? Also smart move on the clutch, I smoked my stock SS on it's first pass last time out, still looking for a good replacement.

Thanks! I live north of Charlotte, Lake Norman area. I drive 100+ miles to go to Rockingham, excellent strip. I hope to install a Mcleod rxt twin disc in the near future, should solve my issues and help get everything out of my setup.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Awesome, it's amazing what these 5.0's are running/trapping with just bolt-on's.

Do you seriously own all 5 of those cars in your sig? Are you a damn coke dealer or what?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Awesome, it's amazing what these 5.0's are running/trapping with just bolt-on's.

Do you seriously own all 5 of those cars in your sig? Are you a damn coke dealer or what?

Ha, those are a few of my favorites. I typically keep 1 play/toy car at a time then recycle them for something else after 1-3 years :lol1: I've had 32 cars over the past 12 years, it's an illness :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
11's are great man. Congrats! Cant wait to get back to Rockingham.

Users who are viewing this thread