Results from Cecil tonight!!!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Hey Guys,

Ended up seeing Luis there. He parked his car and I couldn't find him until he was leaving! LOL

My best run was a 13.69 @ 105.32 MPH. My 60 ft was a 2.33 with an 8.98 1/8th mi @ 82.33.

I know there is more left here, I just need to learn how to launch the damn car!!! Grrr... I don't want to have to switch to Drag Radials but I may have to to get the launch down. I want to break into the 13.4's with the current set-up I have. I just need to keep practicing. It is possible but I need to get my ass working on that first half of the track because I am making up most of my time in the second half.

Also my good ole BBK intake decided to take a shit on me during my final run tonight. I was running and the car started acting funny STALLED right at the end of the run! With no power steering or brakes I had to start the car ASAP then stop before flying through the cones at the end! LOL. Well after that had a really rough idle coming back in to the pits. I opened the hood to investigate and saw that my rubber piece connecting the Intake to the throttle body had somehow managed to rip apart and I was sucking in unmetered air like it was cool. I had to limp my poor Cobra to my friends house in Belair and used Electrical tape (all he had) to ghetto rig my tubing back together to get home ! Damn I was pissed. and on top of all that my buddy runs a 91 Formula Firebird so I had to hear him rag on Fords being "Fix or repair daily" the entire time I was making my ghetto tube!

What a time! Well, off to bed and awaiting another day at work! Until the next time!!!!

Joe

Last edited:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
I was running and the car started acting funny STALLED right at the end of the run! With no power steering or brakes I had to start the car ASAP then stop before flying through the cones at the end! LOL.
Weren't you in gear?

Nice run anyway, you'll get your launch down and be right where you want! Practice practice! :D :pop:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
pj_rage said:
Weren't you in gear?

Nice run anyway, you'll get your launch down and be right where you want! Practice practice! :D :pop:

Yes, I was in gear. The car was still running when it stalled. I have no clue how it stalled????

G03SVT

Banned
Get your sixty foot time down and you'll get a 13.4 no problem. Are you slipping the clutch when you launch? What rpm are you leaving at? I also doubt they prep the track on a wednesday tnt, on saturdays it is a lot of race cars so the prep is better, that would help a lot.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
G03SVT said:
Get your sixty foot time down and you'll get a 13.4 no problem. Are you slipping the clutch when you launch? What rpm are you leaving at? I also doubt they prep the track on a wednesday tnt, on saturdays it is a lot of race cars so the prep is better, that would help a lot.

they prep the track pretty good on wensday night due to the gamblers cars...

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Correcto I finnaly made it to Cecil at about after 0800 pay to run pull in line and here comes the official....First word out his mouth
"you have a helmet with you?" :uh oh: I responded not at this time I have not ran it ever I might not beat the 14 sec rule, his response well being a Cobra and a convertible you need to have one :dw: , I responded " let me see if I can locate a MACA buddy I am sure I can borrow one :thumbsup:
He was very proffessional but was not buying in my slow 18 sec run :shrug:
I tried to persuade him that my intent was to learn to stage and get my 60ft down thats it but he answered :nono: Thats A Cobra and a convertible
:bash: :bash: :bash: As I was leaving SON had school the next day Joe came up to me and told me he had one and he did not need it .. It was to late for Luis JR anyway was nice seeing all the cars do their pass and meet yet another MACA, Joe I ll take you on borrowing the helmet another day :thumbsup:
I did saw A Cobra run 11:26 It was sick
Joe if you ever in a bind like That again feel free to stop by my house is in Edgewood I 'll help you do some BDAR ( BATTLE DAMAGE ASSESMENT REPAIR) for those of you that no comprende Military terms, on the snake and get you home :thumbsup:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Thanks Luis! I appreciate it. I had a great time. Too bad I didn't see you earlier in the evening so that you could have got that helmet. Ohh well. Always next time. I try and go every other Friday if I can. I went Wednesday this week because I am going out of town this weekend.

I love your emblem in the front by the way! That thing looks mean brother!

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Thanks Your car does too I would't sweat your buddy GM he was not that impressive plus yours look better

PS to his next coments tell him HOOFbeats are louder and better than heartbeats :thumbsup:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
pj rage... This was at the END of the run! LOL. Not off the line. When my connector broke! The car actually shut off when I was near the end of the track. I guess the MAF got pissed and shut off the vehicle. lol.

RedVenom96

Banned
dang you joe :bash: i called you back at around 5 when i got off to see when you were leaving. i was looking forward to making my first trip to the track but figured you had already left. i was just going to watch and learn, but it woulda been cool. i was planning on taping your runs. not planning on runnin my snake till i get some goodies. don't want to embarass my self with some high 14sec runs :nono: good runs by the way. sorry to hear about the car troubles :nonono:
mike

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
pj rage... This was at the END of the run! LOL. Not off the line. When my connector broke! The car actually shut off when I was near the end of the track. I guess the MAF got pissed and shut off the vehicle. lol.
Should be able to pop it still, in fourth or appropriate. Right?

SnakeinMD

Established Member
RedVenom96 said:
dang you joe :bash: i called you back at around 5 when i got off to see when you were leaving. i was looking forward to making my first trip to the track but figured you had already left. i was just going to watch and learn, but it woulda been cool. i was planning on taping your runs. not planning on runnin my snake till i get some goodies. don't want to embarass my self with some high 14sec runs :nono: good runs by the way. sorry to hear about the car troubles :nonono:
mike

Hey Man!

I just got your message this morning. My stupid ass phone has not been receiving calls lately. I don't know what is going on! It is making me angry. I really wanted you to come to man! I could have picked you up on my way to Belair. I took Harford Road too!!!

I really want some video of my car too man! Grrrr... Now I am pissed. I will call you next time I go. I will probably end up going again next Wednesday. OK bud! I will give you a call tomorrow or Monday. I am going to be in North Carolina this weekend. Talk to ya soon Mike!

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread