Restoring Mystichrome Seats

Jack Burton

Established Member
Unfortunately I've had to park my Cobra outside in the FL Sun and it's beaten up the seats pretty good. I've been trying to stay on top of them with some of the Armorall leather gel but it's just not cutting it. Which product do you guys recommend for getting the seats back into proper condition.

Thanks

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I use Zaino's Leather in a Bottle. It keeps my leather in new condition. I don't park in the sun, so that probably has a lot to do with the condition of the seats. If it's not practicle to cover the car or the seats, repeated applications of a quality leather care product should help. The sun is the biggest killer of car interior leather and plastic.

Jack Burton

Established Member
I use Zaino's Leather in a Bottle. It keeps my leather in new condition. I don't park in the sun, so that probably has a lot to do with the condition of the seats. If it's not practicle to cover the car or the seats, repeated applications of a quality leather care product should help. The sun is the biggest killer of car interior leather and plastic.

I've been lucky in the sense that I've never had to park it outside before...until lately. I'll give the Zaino's a try and keeping the seats covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I use Lexol amd Smart Leather on mine. I like the Smart Leather because it seems to make the Mystichrome part pop a little more. And it seems softer after using the Smart Leather.

oldmodman

Established Member
There were a few sets of brand new skins available a few years ago. Contact TMI and see if they have either new ones or they are now making replacements.

And when you get them keep a couple of white beach towels in the car and cover the seats when you get out.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Was able to pick up some lexol spray and some grigots cream at the local O'Reilly's. I'm going to give them a shot as often as I can and see if I can get them to snap back. It's only the front seats and only a couple spots that are dry and wrinkled up. I have a sun visor for the windshield now and I'll use the white towels per oldmodman.

king_13

Established Member
You have tint too right?

Tint, windshield cover, and quality care products have done great in my experience.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
In for results, I have a 10th anniversary and would like to restore the leather on my seats as well.

Users who are viewing this thread