Restoring 03/04 cobra wheels

haz-matt

Established Member
I bought a set of used 03/04 cobra wheels from a friend, 17x9's. Not sure if theyre real or knockoffs. Anyways they were extremely dirty, been sitting outside his garage for a while. The aluminum is as cloudy as youd ever want to see it, swirl marks all over in the sun. 1st thing I did was wash them with just soap and water. I then went to them with mothers aluminum polish which was a joke. I used the mothers polish with a cordless drill and a powercone. They looked slightly better but for the amount of work I put into them I was pretty disapointed. I then was recomended to use this stuff called "busch" aluminum polish. It worked better no doubt but my aluminum is still really cloudy, especially in direct light. Do I need to find something to strip whatever anodized coating is still on these wheels to be able to polish them to mirror-like shine? Ive used the powercone and have done quite a bit of hand polishing. Heres some pics. Any suggestions are appreciated, im a borderline perfectionist Ive been told.

This is after the wash and mothers polish

541980_443085059044282_890610184_n.jpg

Heres one after the busch polish, better but its obviously still are cloudy to me

526920_443086015710853_1374771650_n.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I cant really tell what the condition of your rims are but this stuff will work wonders S100 Polishing Soap, dont let the price fool you. Its extremely easy to use and has turned around some rims and exhaust tips that I use to think were unclean-able.

burnzilla

Established Member
I would spend some time with scratch and swirl type polishes as the smallest dirt particles can scratch those. After they are real clean, then put on a show polish, I think Mothers has a good one for your application.

Users who are viewing this thread