Resistance to ground on I/C pump relay - Possible PCM issue?

Micah

Established Member
This is related to an issue I posted about a while back. Here is the thread: I/C pump relay clicking and car wouldn't start

I figured I'd make a clean thread since the CCRM was not the issue, I've continued looking and I have more data from a friend that did some tests on the car. Car still starts and runs perfectly but he found the following. The ground wire going to the intercooler pump relay module is jumping between 8500 to 10,000 ohms on battery. While running, it jumps between 700 to 1000 ohms.

I've unplugged every module in the car and the relay hasn't stopped clicking. Last night I unplugged the fuse to the PCM and the relay stopped clicking. The ground also had no more resistance.

Does this mean that the PCM is the issue or is there something else I should look at?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me look at that schematic later on tonight. I think I still have the ford service manual for our cars. I would say you're somewhat on the right track but it could also be a wire chewed/rubbed though causing the issue possibly that could have caused all of this. I would hate for you to replace the PCM and then have the same issue later on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Micah

Established Member
Let me look at that schematic later on tonight. I think I still have the ford service manual for our cars. I would say you're somewhat on the right track but it could also be a wire chewed/rubbed though causing the issue possibly that could have caused all of this. I would hate for you to replace the PCM and then have the same issue later on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Bless you sir!

Users who are viewing this thread