Resetting ECU?

Freedom

Established Member
If I unplug the battery for 10 or 15 minutes does that reset the ECU to stock? I think I lost my original backup on my predator when I installed a custom tune......

fixious SVT

Which way?
Established Member
yes it should reset the computer, but the comp takes time to reset itself so for a little while your truck will run like crap.

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
I don't think it would erase the tune thats on there though? what would happen to the predator tune that was in there? disappear?

ralphy1798

Established Member
miamijdm said:
I don't think it would erase the tune thats on there though? what would happen to the predator tune that was in there? disappear?

It will not erase the tune that is on the computer.

Its sounds like he wants to do it to go bak to stock since hius predator lost the backup.... if so, this will not work. If you loaded a predator tune, unplug the battery and drain the system, and plug the battery back in, the CPU resets, but the tune remains the same.

Jeff

TargeT

Established Member
a quick question on this..

will re setting the battery like this get rid of the stored figures, like top RPM, top speed reached, if the ECU was chipped etc? ( i know they can pull up all kinds of crazy info with their computers, my question is what does it take to delete all that stuff?)

Users who are viewing this thread