Researching some mods

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
Hey there guys....
Just have some questions on some mods and who has done them and any issues- vendors for parts- etc.

Looking for an upgraded radiator- Something made specifically for the 99 up Cobras-

Looking for the brace that mounts to the factory seatbelt anchors to connect a 5 point harness.

Looking for vendors of TAN seats with good support- realistically priced- factory 99 Cobra seats have no lateral support- Everything I've found so far is in Black.

Looking for vendors for a diff cooler.

Thanks!!

ccjcobra99

Established Member
Whitehorse said:
Hey there guys....
Just have some questions on some mods and who has done them and any issues- vendors for parts- etc.

Looking for an upgraded radiator- Something made specifically for the 99 up Cobras-

Looking for the brace that mounts to the factory seatbelt anchors to connect a 5 point harness.

Looking for vendors of TAN seats with good support- realistically priced- factory 99 Cobra seats have no lateral support- Everything I've found so far is in Black.

Looking for vendors for a diff cooler.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know how to use the internet? Much of this information is available with a search on one or all of the following; corner-carvers.com, corral.net, svtperformance.com

I think the most important question is where is your car at, and where are you at in terms of adding the items above. In another post I noticed that you mentioned you did your first open track recently.

Radiator - Is your car supercharged, Nitrous, built motor? Are you running a temp guage (not stock dummy guage) to determine if your water temps are exeeding the capacity of your stock radiator? I have been open tracking my 99 since I bought it, my autometer temp guage never reads above 212 deg F, and my oil temps never peak above 240 deg F. Unless I build the motor or add a supercharger I won't need additional cooling.
That said...Fluidyne. Maximum Motorsports

5 Point Harness... Talk about a can of worms. My opinion (back up by physics in this case) Do not install a 5 point harness in a car without a roll bar. If you are wearing a 5 point and the car rolls over without a roll bar...your neck will be holding up the roof of the car. If you intend to Auto X only using the 5 point, consider a harness bar for the shoulder harnesses. Try Speedware motorsports for a harness bar. BTW - I have yet to see a 'kit' for any marque that includes the exact hardware required to attach the lap and sub belts.
Seats - Have you ever heard of Recaro or Sparco? They both make seats in tan... prepare to spend some serious money.

Diff cooler - same point as above concerning the radiator. What do you need one for? If you have determined that your diff temps exceed what is normal Find a race shop in your area (probably not a mustang shop... but a race shop). They will $elp $ou $ind $hat $our $ooking $or. Edit... forget that read this thread found on SVTperformance.com

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
ccjcobra99 said:
Does anyone know how to use the internet?

Radiator - Fluidyne. Maximum Motorsports

5 Point Harness... Talk about a can of worms. My opinion (back up by physics in this case) Do not install a 5 point harness in a car without a roll bar. If you are wearing a 5 point and the car rolls over without a roll bar...your neck will be holding up the roof of the car. If you intend to Auto X only using the 5 point, consider a harness bar for the shoulder harnesses. Try Speedware motorsports for a harness bar. BTW - I have yet to see a 'kit' for any marque that includes the exact hardware required to attach the lap and sub belts.
Seats - Have you ever heard of Recaro or Sparco? They both make seats in tan... prepare to spend some serious money.
Diff cooler - what do you need one for? Find a race shop in your area (probably not a mustang shop... but a race shop). They will $elp $ou $ind $hat $our $ooking $or.

Come on man, don't be like that, he just asked some ?'s. How would you feel if you asked something and someone replied the way you did.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I have Schroth harnesses in my 97. They are mounted to a system that bolts underneath the rear seat. They keep you planted in the seat and you don't slide around at all. He has a point about the roll bar, but I'm not sure how easy it is to flip a lowered Cobra. It can be done however...

You can probably find the diff cooler out of the FMS catalog. The same kind on the R.

Radiators are a dime a dozen to find an upgrade for. MM, Fluidyne... There are quite a few more.

Hope it helps!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
CobraG said:
Come on man, don't be like that, he just asked some ?'s. How would you feel if you asked something and someone replied the way you did.

+1!

This is a forum, it's where people come for information, to learn and to ask questions. Of course he knows how to use the internet or he wouldn't have ended up here. You can see he's new by his post count. We were all new at one time.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
CobraG said:

I should have been more specific. My point being... search harder before asking questions... and not just on SVTperformance.com. Much of this information has been answered, in fact pretty much all of it can be found with the search fuction on corner-carvers.com.

Also keep in mind that I gave him the benefit of the doubt and answered his questions with specific input anyway.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I have Schroth harnesses in my 97. They are mounted to a system that bolts underneath the rear seat. They keep you planted in the seat and you don't slide around at all. He has a point about the roll bar, but I'm not sure how easy it is to flip a lowered Cobra. It can be done however...

Schroth (4) point harness
schroth.gif

would be a good place to start. I know that Brad's Custom Auto sells them. I still would not recommend them for anything but Auto X in a car without a roll bar.

As far as rolling a lowered cobra. This is a possibility any and everytime you take your car to an open track event. It is not common, but possible. If you lose a tire in an 80mph sweeper or drop 2 wheels into the dirt and try and pull the car back on the road; you will very likely end up on your roof.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
ccjcobra99 said:
I should have been more specific. My point being... search harder before asking questions... and not just on SVTperformance.com. Much of this information has been answered, in fact pretty much all of it can be found with the search fuction on corner-carvers.com.

Also keep in mind that I gave him the benefit of the doubt and answered his questions with specific input anyway.

True, true. It's all good. Just remember things can often be taken out of context and harsher than they're meant. We just want to help each other out here and not have this place turn into cornercarvers.com! :rollseyes

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
More to the point

I'm asking because there are a million and one websites with a million and one products. I am asking more for personal experience with particular products. Anyone can make a piece of crap product and have an ad that makes it look like the best thing since sliced bread and you'd never know until you bought it.

I appreciate the input and the backup guys.

Users who are viewing this thread