Required a New Tune?

UDLOSE

Established Member
So I was living in New Mexico at 5500ft and just moved to Florida and had my 2014 Shelby at that elevation with 2 tunes. One e85 800whp and the other on pump 91oct 730whp. Do I need to get a revised tune? Also who's a trustworthy tuner in Florida? I'm in the central region Haines City.
mods are-
full exhaust w/longtubes,
Jlt intake,
VMP 65mm tb,
1050cc injectors,
boostapump,
VMP SC,
2.4 pulley

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
assuming it was tuned properly and there was some head room in the maf and fuel system for the extra power it might make when its not seeing 300degree IAT2s, no, it shouldnt

we do have plenty of 93 out here so might be worth a couple hp

UDLOSE

Established Member
assuming it was tuned properly and there was some head room in the maf and fuel system for the extra power it might make when its not seeing 300degree IAT2s, no, it shouldnt

we do have plenty of 93 out here so might be worth a couple hp
Any good tuners out here where I can go and see how it's doing? I live pretty close to mid florida dyno but don't know anything about him.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Any good tuners out here where I can go and see how it's doing? I live pretty close to mid florida dyno but don't know anything about him.
im really not up to date on who is anygood anymore. VMP has a dyno and does tuning work.

LaMotta in longwood has a dyno (probably 2/3 of the way to VMP distance wise), dont really know anybody that actually gets tuned there.

If all you wanna do is check the tune I would think pretty much any decent dyno shop would be fine - check the AF, MAF counts and duty cycle.

Who tuned it last time? Can you just email them a log to look over?

UDLOSE

Established Member
im really not up to date on who is anygood anymore. VMP has a dyno and does tuning work.

LaMotta in longwood has a dyno (probably 2/3 of the way to VMP distance wise), dont really know anybody that actually gets tuned there.

If all you wanna do is check the tune I would think pretty much any decent dyno shop would be fine - check the AF, MAF counts and duty cycle.

Who tuned it last time? Can you just email them a log to look over?
Yeah, the guy that did it a few years ago(2018) Chris at Dynoedge in Albuquerque knows his stuff and is fairly conservative so it should be ok. But with all the extra air down here, it just makes me nervous. thanks for the reply!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, the guy that did it a few years ago(2018) Chris at Dynoedge in Albuquerque knows his stuff and is fairly conservative so it should be ok. But with all the extra air down here, it just makes me nervous. thanks for the reply!
if anything I'd just reach out to him and see about sending him a log... go find a stretch of road you can make a WOT pull for one gear without spinning and email it to him

Users who are viewing this thread