REQUEST ADVICE ON ASKING $$$s FOR 10TH ANNIV.???

VENOM650R

Established Member
Possibly selling my 10TH ANNIV. as I no longer need a daily driver. Have 14.4K miles, never raced, crappy Goodyears replaced with Bridgestone Fuzion ZRi tires at 10K miles. Have mods listed below. Car well maintained, garaged, Mobile 1. What $$$s to ask? Anyone interested?

Last edited:

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
I wouldn't be willing to pay anymore for an anniv. edition, but thats just me.
$26-27k

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
I would research all medias for setting a price point for your car - newspaper, online venues (autotrader.com, etc), etc. You'll be surprised at what dealers are selling these cars for. Anywhere from upper 20s to almost 60k:eek: Yes, dealerships do have overhead, however, the prices they set does have some impact to amounts being quoted by individuals. If an interested buyer is seeing mid to high 30s at every dealer, then wouldn't you set your own pricing somewhere close to that yourself?

The last consideration you should think about, the most important one, is that of your own feelings toward the car. What dollar amount do you want to put on the time you spent on it. Let's face it, we're not talking about a beater that you ran into the ground and it's time to change the car like your changing a worn out pair of shoes. You need to decide if you want a quick sale or if you're willing to ride the tide and sell it for what you think is right.

Good luck!
Christian

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
ArmaN said:
no you won't get phone calls if you ask $30.5
i'd have to agree. i know it might be worth that much to you, but it's probably not worth that much to anyone else. you never know though. :beer:

VENOM650R

Established Member
tripsober said:
See everyone low balls it here hehe ask high people will shoot you lower and you will get a decent price for it in the end.

I agree. I don't have to sell anyway so I'll just wait for someone that appreciates the car as I do.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
I bought mine with 16,000, totally stock except for aftermarket exhaust and an air intake...perfect condition, not a scratch, 10th anniv. torch red for $24900.00 from an individual seller. (not a dealership)

hope that helps give you an idea.

HIErPwRd

Established Member
I dont know about $30,500, but if youre patient and the car doesnt have any issues I think you should be able to get $28k for it. If I were you I wouldnt sell it for anything under $26,000.

I gaurantee that if you list it in the Market at $30,000 youll get a handful of insults/lowballs.

I listed my 99 for sale on here and it sold within 2 weeks. I didnt list an asking price as I was really just trying to see what sort of interest was out there. Keep your bottom dollar in the back of your mind, put the car out there for the world to see. Communicate via email and pm as to weed out the tirekickers & lowballers from those who are serious potential buyers and can appreciate what you have.

Heres a listing for another 10th, pullied, quite a bit of $$ put into mods with low miles:
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266228
I myself was in the market for a silver 10th and would have paid more than what he's asking in all honesty. I am sure there are a number of people out there that would gladly pay $28k for this car provided it doesnt have any underlying issues...

FWIW HTH :beer:

Sharkster

Established Member
If I were you I would hold on to it until that new one comes out. Something is ringing a bell in my head that these cars are going to go up slightly in price and demand as they are the last true SC SVT Cobra.

Ive been wrong before but that is ringing in my head. A few other people who are non Cobra owners have thrown that same thought my way as well.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
HIErPwRd said:
I dont know about $30,500, but if youre patient and the car doesnt have any issues I think you should be able to get $28k for it. If I were you I wouldnt sell it for anything under $26,000.

I gaurantee that if you list it in the Market at $30,000 youll get a handful of insults/lowballs.

I listed my 99 for sale on here and it sold within 2 weeks. I didnt list an asking price as I was really just trying to see what sort of interest was out there. Keep your bottom dollar in the back of your mind, put the car out there for the world to see. Communicate via email and pm as to weed out the tirekickers & lowballers from those who are serious potential buyers and can appreciate what you have.

Heres a listing for another 10th, pullied, quite a bit of $$ put into mods with low miles:
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266228
I myself was in the market for a silver 10th and would have paid more than what he's asking in all honesty. I am sure there are a number of people out there that would gladly pay $28k for this car provided it doesnt have any underlying issues...

FWIW HTH :beer:

I bought that car!

Users who are viewing this thread