Reputable performance shops in Houston

OG_

Established Member
Has anyone had an experience w/ a reputable performance shop in Houston that can handle anything coyote related (turbo/sc installs, suspension, engine builds etc) that they can recommend?

TIA!!

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMHO...There aren't any shops worth a shit in Houston anymore...The decent shops only seem to only do LSx stuff. Whatever you do, stay away from Houston Performance.

Only a few shops near Houston that I have heard good things about.

Triangle Speed Shop - Orange, TX
Texas Speed Lab - Beaumont, TX
M2K Motorsports - Fulshear, Tx (They do a lot of highend work, record mile car etc...)

Last edited:

Youngone2012

Established Member
IMHO...There aren't any shops worth a shit in Houston anymore...The decent shops only seem to only do LSx stuff. Whatever you do, stay away from Houston Performance.

Only a few shops near Houston that I have heard good things about.

Triangle Speed Shop - Orange, TX
Texas Speed Lab - Beaumont, TX
M2K Motorsports - Fulshear, Tx (They do a lot of highend work, record mile car etc...)

True that^^^^

x2 on triangle speed but it's a little drive

OG_

Established Member
Dang the first two are a good ways out but M2K is doable since I'm trying to stay as close as possible to Houston. Has anyone used them before? What about KP racing or Serious HP? I've heard of the shops before but I haven't met anyone who has used them.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Dang the first two are a good ways out but M2K is doable since I'm trying to stay as close as possible to Houston. Has anyone used them before? What about KP racing or Serious HP? I've heard of the shops before but I haven't met anyone who has used them.

KP racing = Joe Huneycutt...The guy is a crook, ripped off a bunch of guys a few years ago..

http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/1085844-six-speed-inc-help-3.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/1248190-what-ever-happened-joe-amber-honeycutt.html

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
It's incredible to be that there aren't any "go to" shops in Houston. So much potential business here.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Always PSI Motorsports, but idk how their rep is recently. They were always the Lightning and Harley go to guys.

OG_

Established Member
Always PSI Motorsports, but idk how their rep is recently. They were always the Lightning and Harley go to guys.

I remember hearing about that place and I'd rather not go there these days.

Chris Car Doc on the North side.

Can he handle full builds or is he a maintenance shop that does easy/moderate bolt ons and have you used him?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I remember hearing about that place and I'd rather not go there these days.

Can he handle full builds or is he a maintenance shop that does easy/moderate bolt ons and have you used him?

They do everything. Chris did a gear swap for me and it was perfect and hes real nice.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Like other's have said....Stay away from PSI.

There is really no other better place than TSS that's within a 2 hr radius, plus Daniel is one of the best tuners for these cars.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Like other's have said....Stay away from PSI.

There is really no other better place than TSS that's within a 2 hr radius, plus Daniel is one of the best tuners for these cars.

Me and my Buddy took my Boss into TSS from Lafayette LA for my NA build if that says anything about them, I'm having a lot of work done by them and have 100% Faith in them doing a correct proper job. The shops super clean and organized, they know whats going on, polite, easy to speak to & overall the ONLY shop in the south that i trust working on my baby.

Gray5.0

Established Member
Yeah stay far away from psi. I know from experience, depend what you want to have done. TSS can handle just about anything but when it comes time for a motor build I'm sending mine off.

06Bluerex

Established Member
I have been by Serious HP and they seem like a bunch of nice group of guys, i know my friend had his 1000rwhp supra work done there so i might give them a shot since there 10 mins away from my job.
Mainly i just need them to do a nitrous plate kit install, possible tune.

What about Auto Adrenaline Performance? they also work on mustangs..

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
What happened to them? I know they were always the Houston and Texas L community gurus

Very long story...
Paid for parts that never were installed on an engine build, so I did not know until I disassembled it later
Paid for parts that were never ordered and had to go to extreme measures to get the money back
etc

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Very long story...
Paid for parts that never were installed on an engine build, so I did not know until I disassembled it later
Paid for parts that were never ordered and had to go to extreme measures to get the money back
etc

Holy crap man. Are you sure you weren't at Hennessey? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread