Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Joe Huntsman

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
(Approved by the forum moderator to appear in roadside and should not be moved to the politics forum.)

Who will you be voting for?

If possible, I ask to keep this friendly. I am not pushing one candidate over another, just want to obtain the SVTP consensus.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Perry, Bachman, Huntsman, and Santorum don't have a chance so no point in voting for them.

Gingrich doesn't fit the GOP standard as he is an asshole and a snake and Romney is a RINO. Either would be better than Obama, but I still feel our country would still be going in the wrong direction under their leadership.

I really like where Ron Paul stands on some issues, but on other issues he just seems like a out of touch, crazy old man...

His Grace

Established Member
Perry, Bachman, Huntsman, and Santorum don't have a chance so no point in voting for them.

Gingrich doesn't fit the GOP standard as he is an asshole and a snake and Romney is a RINO. Either would be better than Obama, but I still feel our country would still be going in the wrong direction under their leadership.

I can understand your points.

Tunink

Established Member
I really would like to see this thread just be the poll minus the commentary. Let people make up their minds one way or another.

There's plenty of threads in the politics section discussing different candidates stances.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Patriot party? would that be similar to the "Tea Party"?

first, you have to define patriot.

everyone im sure has a different definition.

to me, a patriot is someone who believes in the absolute greater good. doesnt jump on a popular train. stands for those who cant. fights for those who cant. who isnt afraid to stand against a corrupt system or government. that believes in the morals and ideals of the constitution of the united states of america. One that believes that the needs of the people are greater than the needs of one. Someone who is honest in the face of adversity. Someone with no side personal agendas. someone who will make corporate greed companies accountable for their actions. One that inspires other to take up arms against a corrupt government. someone we can believe in again to make this country something we can be proud of.

that bout sums it up.

when this guy runs for office, he'll get my vote.

His Grace

Established Member
But not the last line?

Don't you think some of Paul's ideas are a little "out there"?

You know, there were quite a few that seemed out there. It took me some time to study and fully understand his points and desire to see us return to a free nation. I like Israel, I personally side with Israel, and Paul doesn't oppose them but he feels like we need to take care of our own first. I don't see eye to eye on that issue with him.

Its the many others, that are sensible. Honestly, I don't think he will gather as many conservatives as a republican should, because that's the deal with Paul, he doesn't take sides. The only side is the Constitution.

He is against Abortion, but he believes its not the Governments job to tell you what to do with your body, that's between you and your Maker.

He doesn't smoke pot, but he believes that its not the governments right to invade your privacy and make it illegal.

He is all across the board, and honestly, that's how I decipher that he is truthful, not trying to please anyone group, but to represent the Constitution.

I think Santorium has some good views as well.

Last edited:

His Grace

Established Member
I really would like to see this thread just be the poll minus the commentary. Let people make up their minds one way or another.

There's plenty of threads in the politics section discussing different candidates stances.

I can agree with that. I will sit back and watch.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
you said you think they are out there

so why dont you tell us what is "out there" and why?

As another posted mentioned that there are plenty of discussion threads in the Politics section, I'll keep my thoughts brief:

-Paul says the War on Drugs has failed. I agree that it hasn't been as successful as hoped, but the answer is not to go lax on drug use. I know some people that can function and be productive while using marijuana regularly, but many can't. Any stronger drug addictions and people are basically useless.

-I'm pro birth control, anti abortion. I realize this is a bit counter-intuitive, but to me BC should be easily available and if people can't be responsible and prevent pregnancy, they have to live with the results. My worry is that with reduction in spending for Planned Parenthood, unintended births are going to skyrocket, and we all know that the unintended births aren't exactly coming from productive members of society.

-Military and defense spending is very high and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars haven't been complete successes, but I still feel the US needs to remain the world's dominant military superpower. Without the power that goes with that, we are just asking to be challenged by whatever country develops WMDs. I just worry he will cut too much from the military.

Last edited:

DefCon3

Established Member
Torn between Paul, Bachmann, and Huntsman. They are more steadfastly Conservative than any of the other candidates.

Still researching which has been more effective in advancing the Conservative cause against the libs. I'd prefer success over gridlock, but would settle for gridlock over compromise.

DefCon3

Established Member
As another posted mentioned that there are plenty of discussion threads in the Politics section, I'll keep my thoughts brief:

-Paul says the War on Drugs has failed. I agree that it hasn't been as successful as hoped, but the answer is not to go lax on drug use. I know some people that can function and be productive while using marijuana regularly, but many can't. Any stronger drug addictions and people are basically useless.

-I'm pro birth control, anti abortion. I realize this is a bit counter-intuitive, but to me BC should be easily available and if people can't be responsible and prevent pregnancy, they have to live with the results. My worry is that with reduction in spending for Planned Parenthood, unintended births are going to skyrocket, and we all know that the unintended births aren't exactly coming from productive members of society.

-Military and defense spending is very high and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars haven't been complete successes, but I still feel the US needs to remain the world's dominant military superpower. Without the power that goes with that, we are just asking to be challenged by whatever country develops WMDs. I just worry he will cut too much from the military.

Good points.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I may not agree with Paul on most his policies but IMO hes the best candidate to right this ship away from the shore its heading into at full speed. He would be so busy fixing whats been broken for the past decade and a half that he wont even come close to imposing his more extremism views on this country.

Users who are viewing this thread