Republican Nat'l Convention.. You watching it?

Watching Republican Nat'l Convention?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't care about politics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
I'm keeping an eye on it. I was already voting for Bush/Cheney anyway. :rockon:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Watching it.

So far:

If he would just keep his God to himself, it would all be good.

Also, trying to pass laws based on his religious beliefs is not cool.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
Watching it.

So far:

If he would just keep his God to himself, it would all be good.

Also, trying to pass laws based on his religious beliefs is not cool.

I strongly agree with that. Quit using the religion card.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Wow, what a great brainwashing session by the archdiocese of New York. Directly followed by a God loving song.

Beautiful representation of all the many faiths and non-faiths that we have in this great nation of ours.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Definately better.

Kerry doesn't even know which side of his bed to sleep on.

I really don't want to hear incessant praising to God for the next four years. However, that is something that I can live with for the next four years.

KDog

Established Member
Watched it. Surprised by a few speeches (Arnold, Zell), not excited about others.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
just because someone praises god doesnt mean he is trying to push his religion on you. if the guy was jewish and spoke something jewish...i wouldnt be on here preaching how is trying to press his religion on us. but i guess thats just me.

On the topic at hand though...i liked the convention. and i thought the speach last night was amazing and it was nice to hear someone actually have a plan. not like kerry who is just "i have a plan...but i cant tell you what it is...but i have a plan..."

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
SCHWARZENEGGER IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL ARNOLD!

Actually, I can put up with it too Initimidator.

Vote for the Hard working America, not a confused one!

BUSH / CHENEY 2004!!!!!!!!!!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
just because someone praises god doesnt mean he is trying to push his religion on you. if the guy was jewish and spoke something jewish...i wouldnt be on here preaching how is trying to press his religion on us. but i guess thats just me.

Everyone knows very well what God he is reffering to.

And you would be up in arms if a Jew ever ran for President, much less him having someone from a synagogue to give out a speech (like Bush just did) or to eat kosher.

Christians would have a cow. And I say Christian because the Christian God is the one that Bush refers to on every single speech he gives.

Last edited:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
Everyone knows very well what God he is reffering to.

And you would be up in arms if a Jew ever ran for President, much less him having someone from a synagogue to give out a speech (like Bush just did) or to eat kosher.

Christians would have a cow. And I say Christian because the Christian God is the one that Bush refers to on every single speech he gives.

i guess im an oddball...because i wouldnt care...i would respect him...you know why? because he has some sort of faith.

i know exactly which god he is talking about and it doesnt bother me. it makes me more comfortable that he actually has someone up there he believes in. i really wouldnt care. :)

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
In a way...to me...he is connecting to others with faith too. If a jewish president were to come up and tell me to eat koshir, i would take it as him/her telling me in their own way to take care of yourself. I dont see how when someone says "praise the lord" "shallom" etc. as "forcing" their religion on you. again...i guess im just odd :thumbsup: or accepting with the fact that there are people out there who differ in opinion and belief

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
i guess im an oddball...because i wouldnt care...i would respect him...you know why? because he has some sort of faith.

i know exactly which god he is talking about and it doesnt bother me. it makes me more comfortable that he actually has someone up there he believes in. i really wouldnt care. :)

Right, so a future President could be any of the following major world religions and you wouldn't have a problem with it?

Baha'i
Buddhism
Christianity
Confucianism
Jainism
Judaism
Hinduism
Islam
Mormonism
Paganism
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoism
Zoroastrianism

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
***in a christ, kerry is talkin, but he's got no plan. Bashin the RNC, but yet has no plan. Where is the substance you stupid phuck?

thats what i was thinking...he just said how his 2 tours of duty should qualify him...and once again...didnt he absolutely DISPISE his tours 30 years ago????

i guess when your the most liberal person in the senate...you really cant run a moderate/liberal camaign on your record :shrug:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
In a way...to me...he is connecting to others with faith too. If a jewish president were to come up and tell me to eat koshir, i would take it as him/her telling me in their own way to take care of yourself. I dont see how when someone says "praise the lord" "shallom" etc. as "forcing" their religion on you. again...i guess im just odd :thumbsup: or accepting with the fact that there are people out there who differ in opinion and belief

I agree, even though i'm here, and religion is ------------------> over here

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
***in a christ, kerry is talkin, but he's got no plan. Bashin the RNC, but yet has no plan. Where is the substance you stupid phuck?

thats what i was thinking...he just said how his 2 tours of duty should qualify him...and once again...didnt he absolutely DISPISE his tours 30 years ago????

i guess when your the most liberal person in the senate...you really cant run a moderate/liberal camaign on your record :shrug:

and who cares if cheny was dodging....he isnt running of his record of service much like kerry has

and isnt it odd how kerry is saying how mean spirited the Repubs are being when he has been bashing bush for the last 6 months?

Users who are viewing this thread