Reproduction Window Trim?

red95gts

Established Member
My 93 needs some new window trim and I was wondering if anyone has any hands-on experience with the reproduction window trim such as this:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-20934PR 1&comp=LRS

and this:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-51726-K 1&comp=LRS

My quarter windows are in excellent condition and I'm concerned with the replacement moldings matching in color and texture. Does anyone have any pictures or input? Is the NOS Ford stuff worth the extra money?

Thanks!

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I use the NOS Ford moldings and would use nothing else. Not to say that the reproduction is bad, but to me, the NOS stuff is worth the money.

Black306

Established Member
Last time I checked on Ford parts, the window belt molding (lower one) was available and cost about $80 for the pair. The A-pillar molding was not available. I've bought 50resto parts for other things and they are a very good match. I would consider buying theirs.

NMK_61802

Established Member
Interestion, when I ordered these through LRS, they were the NOS parts. Although it does seem like to me the quality and selection of LRS parts has gone down recently since they stop focusing stricktly on Fox mustangs.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Yea I just purchased both maybe 6mo ago. I actually know my parts guy very well so I get mine cheaper than what the repos sell for, but even if I didn't I would spend the few extra $'s for the real Ford parts. But that is just me.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
there is a guy around here that can repaint those moldings to look factory. dunno if you wanna search your area and see if someone can or has done it.

red95gts

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'd like to do the NOS stuff, but was just wondering if there was any real difference in the reproductions.

I could re-paint these to look like new, but my 91 LX needs both of these moldings replaced also. I'll take the faded and rough ones off the Cobra, re-finish and re-paint them and install on the LX. The new stuff will go on the 93...

Thanks again for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread