Reproduction bodies?

slow02GT

Recently my Father saw an ad for a new steel ( or whatever they are using ) 67 fastback body from a company called Dynacorn.

http://dynacorn.com/site/04home/home.html

Now its been my dream since a kid to have one of these cars sitting in my driveway, but can you guys tell me anything on whats involved in this project? I am assuming most likely a donor car is needed, and somewhere like Yearone on speed dial:-D

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Hey man,

Hot Rod did an article on this a year or 2 ago. They make brand new 67 Mustang and 68 (I think) Camaro bodies. The article told you what you needed to do from there...but basically you need the chassis, drivetrain etc. This was simply the option of buying a new body. I'm sure if you search the net you can find more info.

txyaloo

Established Member
They have a price on their website. For the '67 fastback, they want $15,500 + a $500 shipping charge... It includes the shell, doors, and deck lid.

amorrow

Established Member
No donor car is required, as nearly every mechanical part is reproduced with better quality standards than original parts (the same doesn't apply to body and trim parts)...a viable alternative if you don't care about originality. But it will be expensive...remember that even these complete bodies will require quite a bit of prep (ie. fitting panels).

I bought my '65 Fastback as nothing more than a rolling shell that needed its fair share of work, so I'm not saying you can't do it...but expect to spend at least double the $15.5K you spent for the body to get a complete car...and much more if you want a fairly correct-looking Shelby clone or are expecting it to drive like a modern car.

If you want to get crazy with a "restomod" show car or something, a Dynacorn body may be worth it. If you want just a nice, fun '67 Fastback to drive, look for a true '67 Fastback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread