Replacing the 460 head unit??????"

01laser

Established Member
i was wondering if any of you have done it and hardwired the amps off an aftermarket reciever. I've got the install done but i'm getting nothing but highs through the speakers. I also didn't buy a harness for the amp integration because i didn't know i needed one....Please help me get my sound back:bash:

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I have seen threads around before.... Can't seem to find them right now. Try google too
It has been done

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Get the ford removal tools or.
1: Unplug battery
2: Unscrew shift knob and remove shifter bezel and boot (dont forget to disconnect the cigarette lighter as well)
3: Remove A/C /CD player trim. Unplug All harnesses for buttons. Tug Gently, it will come off (A/C vents will come off with it)
4: Unscrew two bolts holding the unit in.
5: Slide out slowly and unplug wires.
Done. Reverse to install. I can swap a radio out in 2 minutes now, its pretty easy

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
I bought a harness through Crutchfield and it connects to the harness from the new receiver and it's plug and play to the factory harness. It's a scoche piece. Call them and tell them the make and model of the car and they will get you the proper piece needed. I did and I have been very pleased with the operation of the unit. Not to mention it has a gain adjuster inline to adjust the factory amps up and down to what sounds best combined with your receiver, I had to adjust it to put in my second receiver and I'm bout to do it again for my third receiver soon.

Apicia

Established Member
I bought a harness through Crutchfield and it connects to the harness from the new receiver and it's plug and play to the factory harness. It's a scoche piece. Call them and tell them the make and model of the car and they will get you the proper piece needed. I did and I have been very pleased with the operation of the unit. Not to mention it has a gain adjuster inline to adjust the factory amps up and down to what sounds best combined with your receiver, I had to adjust it to put in my second receiver and I'm bout to do it again for my third receiver soon.

Don't forget, if you are using the factory amps, you will need a 5V converter. The oem amps are turned on with 5V and the aftermarket radio uses 12V to turn on the amps. You can get the 12v--5V converter at Radio Shack. You will get "popping" noise if you don't use one.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/popup.jsp?productId=2062599

Users who are viewing this thread