Replacing Power Steering Lines?

moot09

Established Member
I'm in the middle of putting my engine bay back together and have been fighting my power steering lines for the past couple of days. I have the two lines going to the brake booster connected but the two that go to the steering rack are just not working with me whatsoever.

So I got to thinking, I wonder if I could just replace the two long lines that run from the steering rack to brake booster with some quality powersteering hose from Earls or something. Then find the correct thread pitch for the fitting and replace those with different pressure fittings.

Is my logic sound? Or should I just stick with it a little longer and try to get the factory ones back in place? With the new hose, I wouldn't have to deal with the angled fittings (which has been whats holding me up).

Has anyone done this before?

Quagmire

Established Member
Dude you have to soak the fittings in hot water and use a special tool, to attach the ones on the rack. The ones on the pump should go in just take your take and have a beer.

moot09

Established Member
Dude you have to soak the fittings in hot water and use a special tool, to attach the ones on the rack. The ones on the pump should go in just take your take and have a beer.

The fittings were never disconnected from the pump itself. Should have specified that lol

Never heard of that before, how does it help? I noticed I was not able to screw either fitting into the rack...I just figured the fittings weren't square.

Haha trust me, many beers have been gone through and I'm still getting my ass kicked.

Users who are viewing this thread