replacing or refurbing seats

IA-SteveB

Established Member
My 1996 Cobra has saddle leather seats. The driver's seat is in sad shape with cracks and a very worn side bolster that has a hole. The passenger and back seats are in good shape mainly because I have taken care of them and it is usually just me in the car. I have had the car for 16 years and the driver's seat was worn when I got it with 28k on it (now 78k).

I have been looking to buy just a replacement driver's seat in good shape but I haven't been able to track one down just yet. On TV shows like Wheeler Dealers, I have seen seats get refurbished by sanding and re-dying them but I am not sure this is an option for me with holes in the bolster and the lack of shops in my area to do this.

Just curious what you have all done with aging seats? That's really the only thing letting my car down right now. I am trying to stay stock if I can so I am not looking to go to a different seat at this time, although I am not entirely opposed if it matches the saddle. 20180415_091016_resized.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
That looks like the average Mustang driver seat to me. Mine is beat up pretty good as well. It also has the same worn spot in the side bolster.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tillerman77

Established Member
Speaking of wear, what does your steering wheel look like? I ask, because my 97 with saddle leather is funky looking at the top of the wheel (who drives like that? - Apparently one of the POs).

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Speaking of wear, what does your steering wheel look like? I ask, because my 97 with saddle leather is funky looking at the top of the wheel (who drives like that? - Apparently one of the POs).
I had to cover mine. The sun through the windshield beats them up. I try to remember to put a sunshade in the windshield these days.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I bought two 2004 seat foams and had them covered in pleather since that holds up better than leather

Users who are viewing this thread