Replacing headers

baddboxer

Established Member
Bought Cobra 3 weeks ago, and after having it up on jack stands for almost two weeks, I thought I was ready to flash new tune, and I have a nasty sounding exhaust leak on the passenger side. Checked everything several times, and I believe it's leaking, or possibly cracked at the manifold. Currently running Bassani mid length headers, catted Bassani pipe with SLP2 mufflers. Should I replace with mid length Bassani's again, or ditch the whole setup and go with mac/kooks long tubes? If I swap to long tubes, will X pipe still fit and will I need to get a revision to my tune? If I go long tubes, I will probably buy different mufflers and have SLP2's up for sell soon.

TIA!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Do Bassani Mid lengths have a gasket like the stock manifolds do on that side where they meet the x-pipe? If so have you checked that?

LT's are a pita to install on these cars what is all done to your car? You will get good sound but if its a stock eaton you wont benifit much with LT i don't think especially if you can not do them yourself for the price plus intall. Yes you will need a tune revison if you go with them as well as a shorty X-pipe.

baddboxer

Established Member
Do Bassani Mid lengths have a gasket like the stock manifolds do on that side where they meet the x-pipe? If so have you checked that?

LT's are a pita to install on these cars what is all done to your car? You will get good sound but if its a stock eaton you wont benifit much with LT i don't think especially if you can not do them yourself for the price plus intall. Yes you will need a tune revison if you go with them as well as a shorty X-pipe.
Should have specified mods. I plan to start working on it next weeekend, so haven't gotten it apart to check gasket yet, but will do so before ordering. I guess my real question is if indeed their cracked or need replaced, should I go back with Mid length, or swap to long tubes. Again, car is brand new to me, but dyno sheets that came with it show 513rwhp.

Steigemeier Stage 5 Blower port
Accufab Monoblade Throttle Body
JLT Intake
Front Drive Rebuild
2.76 Pulley
LDC Chicago Head Cooling Mod*
Reichard Racing Manual Belt Tensioner
Moto Blue Double Bearing Pulleys
Steeda Pinch Pulley
New Remanufactured Ford Alternator
Lethal Performance IC Tank
Slotted Rotors
Bassani Midlength Ceramic Coated headers
Bassani XPipe with high flow cats and deletes
Magnaflow catback exhaust with SLP Loudmouth 2 Muffler

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'd check first not saying impossible but I doubt the Bassani's are cracked. I bet it's the gasket jmho.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah they aren't the jba shorties like I have that have cracked several times. I really need new headers

Users who are viewing this thread