Replacing Head Bolts with ARP Studs

falcon50

Established Member
I have been told that you can replace the factory head bolts one at a time with ARP Pro Series Head Studs without compromising the factory MLS gasket seal as long as you finish with the retorquing. Will this work?
If it will work, which sequence should I use to change the bolts->studs in (head removal sequence, or head installation TQ sequence)?

4601S/C

Established Member
I would not do that. These engines can take some serious power without the upgraded hardware. There's more than a few people still rocking the blocks their cars rolled out of the factory with.

cstone94

Established Member
If you're gonna head stud it, pull the heads, check the condition of the head and surface it if you need to. Put a fresh new gasket on there and have the peace of mind that you know it's been done correctly, not just what some people claim worked.

jsonic

Established Member
if you're gonna head stud it, pull the heads, check the condition of the head and surface it if you need to. Put a fresh new gasket on there and have the peace of mind that you know it's been done correctly, not just what some people claim worked.

+100000

Users who are viewing this thread