replacing blower snout on eaton -- tips/instructions?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I've ordered a replacement snout for the factory eaton. My question is, how are we supposed to remove the lower bolt that is right next to the intercooler tubing that exits just below the supercharger snout?

It seems to me to be impossible to remove that bolt without first removing the supercharger from the intake first. Is that true? Anyone else who has done this know of a good way to remove that bolt without first taking off the supercharger?

Trying to devise a plan of attack prior to the snout arriving next week.

Thank you,

Ben

EDIT:

I'll be calling a few places including the place I ordered the snout from tomorrow morning to see if they can help answer this question about that particular bolt... I'll post what I learn tomorrow.

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Studied it some more and feeling I definately need to unbolt the supercharger with the 10 bolts from the intake in order to have clearance to remove the one snout bolt near the intercooler tube outlet.

surely someone else has done this? anyone?

Thanks,

Ben

co3bra

Established Member
ygohome:

I used a dremmel tool to shave a little bit off of the edge of the tube. I'm not saying that is the right thnig to do but that's what I did and I have no issues to date.

Have fun

Users who are viewing this thread