Replacing Alternator and Diagnosing Alternator Issues

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey guys so this is my third alternator for the Cobra. I made a video showing the steps as well as diagnosing issues after install. It turns out my alternator actually was not broken. It was my plug that failed. So I just wanted to get this post out there to let others know to check your plugs if you experience a similar situation to me.

speedoflife

Established Member
Hey guys so this is my third alternator for the Cobra. I made a video showing the steps as well as diagnosing issues after install. It turns out my alternator actually was not broken. It was my plug that failed. So I just wanted to get this post out there to let others know to check your plugs if you experience a similar situation to me.

What situation? What were you're symptoms?

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
What situation? What were you're symptoms?

Battery died when sitting. I jumped the car and tried to drive and the battery died and the car stalled. I replaced the alternator. The battery voltage was dropped not rising at 11.5 volts. After wiggling the plug it returned to 13.9-14.0 volts.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You should show in the video exactly what was done to fix it. What plug? Where is this plug?

Users who are viewing this thread