Replacement V-band clamp for hp twin turbo

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
I finally finished my full exhaust with ss pipe with everything v-banded and borla stingers. After reinstalling everything I noticed a slight leak where the turbo flange meets the down pipe. I was thinking I could just order a replacement clamp from the same company that supplied the v-bands for my exhaust but noticed that the clamp that came with the turbo kit was a bit more shallow than the new ones that I used in building the mid pipe. Can anyone that has this kit tell me what manufacturer HP used for their v-band assemblies?

On a side note, the exhaust tone is perfect!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Does the current vband clamp still clamp both sides? I assume it does? Just take a file and file both mating surfaces and use some RTV and put it back together. That will solve the leak.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Yeah I emailed raceparts, just checking around while waiting on a response. Thanks ill check with those as well.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I ran into this on one of the HP header flanges. I got a couple from a forum member specifically from his HP kit. They are made by "Clampco". They still make them but when I was checking about gettign them direct, it looked like you had to order them by the box.

Different v-band manufacturers have different specs on their v-bands so they are many different ones with different dimensions, etc. Try to track down the Clampco as those will be the best bet. I have heard that the Racepartssolution ones may work though.

Users who are viewing this thread