Replacement Top Prices, What To Expect ?

PONY MAN

Established Member
I might be in the wrong forum site to post this ,but I got a question.
I have a 1988 Mustang GT Vert & would liike to replace the top.
As far as I know,the top itself is the only thing needing replacement.
This is my first vert, my Z 28 had T Tops.
To replace the top, what would be a reasonable price for top & installation ?
I live in Houston, Texas ,any local Stang guys advice is appreciated along with others from different states.
Thanks.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I got my 87 GT top replaced with a high quality vinyl and rear glass rear window for $700. Depends on where in the country you live. If you live someplace it is warm all year round and a lot of verts running around it tends to be cheaper. I would say the range will be $600 - $900.

PONY MAN

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I got my 87 GT top replaced with a high quality vinyl and rear glass rear window for $700. Depends on where in the country you live. If you live someplace it is warm all year round and a lot of verts running around it tends to be cheaper. I would say the range will be $600 - $900.
Thanks, I hear that there is different materials for tops with varying prices.
I live in Houston we have mild winters & hot summers, so I hope I can get a good deal on a good installation.
My rear window now is nice & has a nice decal on it, I would hope to be able to still use the rear window with a new top.
Thanks for the input.

stevieb

Established Member
I just happen to have a pristine black vert top assembly complete with glass, motor, frame off a 2003 anniversary. The car was hit in the r/f and totalled, it had only 2400 miles on the car and its that brushed denim style fabric. I am selling it for a friend. $500 plus shipping.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
You can get an OEM replacement top 10% over cost by PM'ing FORDSVTPARTS. He sells OEM parts at that price to all of us on SVTPERFORMANCE. That will save you a huge chunk of change. I've purchased from him before and he's a real cool person.

PONY MAN

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the info, looks like going unto web links , there are some nice deals out there on tops.

Users who are viewing this thread