Replacement tires?

imsuperman

Established Member
I need to replace my stock Eagle F1's. What do you recommend as a replacement? I need a tire that will last ahwile and handle in wet conditions. Should I just stay with the Eagles?

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Originally posted by JadeAT
What about Nitto's Extreme performance?

They don't last very long, certainly not as long as the GS-D3's will.
Never really been a big fan of Nitto.

My $0.02

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
My car is in the shop and they charged the ins. co $325.00 for a standard F1. I fell out of my seat when I saw the invoice.

imsuperman

Established Member
I called the local tire shop and they will put 2 new Eagle F1's that came with the cobra for $400, mounted and balanced. Is this a good price? Are the ones that come stock with the cobra just as good as the Eagle F1 GS-D3's? They seem to be higher in price on tires.com. $217 a piece.

imsuperman

Established Member
Which one will last longer? And can I put just 2 of the D3's on and leave the other 2 there? 2 are bald and 2 are still new.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic03inSC
Will 285 GS-D3s fit on stock rim & would anyone run the 285s up front?
the spec sheet for the GS D3 on tirerack.com says for the 285/40/17 the rim width range is 9.5-11"
Maybe they would still work? I dunno.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You'll think I'm nutz, but I just put on Kuhmo MX's stock size all the way around... I know, not a name brand, but these suckers stick pretty well. They were $140 tirerack. I have had several non enthusiasts come up and ask me what kind of tires they are and that they look killer. Wanted Nitto's but the tread wear was too short for me, so Brian at tirerack said the MX's were the next best thing, i think he was right!

Bingo13

Established Member
Toyo Proxes T1-S - 275/40/17s can be had for $149 each now. You cannot beat this price for a tire that is a little better in the dry than the GS-D3 (was my all around best tire choice until the Toyo price reductions).

FLBuckeye

Established Member
I put 2 -275 f1 GS-D3's on the rear in OCtober. I still have the stock F1's on the front. But the fronts are almost to the tread marker. I still haven't had any traction problems in the rain ( S Fla downpours too) ...so the rears are definitely more important.
But I am thinking about getting the 285 GS-D3's on the stock rims next month.
I paid about $450 (including tax/install 2 GS-D3's) at a local Goodyear which matched the on-line prices.

But the Toyos and Kumho's sound tempting too.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I wish I had known about the Toyo's, where did you get them? No one i found carried them... Not unhappy with the Kumho, just would have tried Toyo's based on rep first.

Users who are viewing this thread