Replacement Rotors/Performance Rotors?

Nineonesix

Established Member
Wheres a good place to get them at? Also I understand that under normal driving conditions blank rotors are the best, however im in need of changing my front two rotors right now and was wonder if slotted rotors would help/hurt performance. Im sure many will say the slotted rotors are just for looks but thats fine if thats all they do.

Im worried about cracking and stress on the rotor. What are yalls opinions?

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
rotorpros.com is where i got mine slotted and dimpled is what i got but you can get any style from him they are great rotors and work perfect. i have the front and rear my buddy just ordered his from there for his cobra and it was 190 for slotted and dimpled front and rear rotors

Nineonesix

Established Member
rotorpros.com is where i got mine slotted and dimpled is what i got but you can get any style from him they are great rotors and work perfect. i have the front and rear my buddy just ordered his from there for his cobra and it was 190 for slotted and dimpled front and rear rotors

For front and rear? I just spent 170 on just the fronts lol

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
For front and rear? I just spent 170 on just the fronts lol

yea and they work amazing!!! here are some pics of the front dont have any good ones of the back yet

IMG_1026103.jpg

Nineonesix

Established Member
yea and they work amazing!!! here are some pics of the front dont have any good ones of the back yet

IMG_1026103.jpg

nice. Maybe next time around ill get them. Are our rotors exactly 13inch or 12.63. Every place ive called has them as 12.63 except for kragens which the guy measured and it was 13 on the dot.

I also had a slight argument with the sales guy at autozone.

Autozone guy: I see two kinds of rotors 12in or 10in.
Me: Machs only came with 13inch
autozone: Yea the 12's are 12.63 so its rounded up.
me: Thanks for your time.

Another one lol

Autozone girl: We dont have these in and I can order them
me: why cant you order them
Autozone girl: I dont know have a nice day *click*

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
dont know didnt measure but they fit mine and my roommates mach perfectly so im guessing 13

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
Wheres a good place to get them at? Also I understand that under normal driving conditions blank rotors are the best, however im in need of changing my front two rotors right now and was wonder if slotted rotors would help/hurt performance. Im sure many will say the slotted rotors are just for looks but thats fine if thats all they do.

Im worried about cracking and stress on the rotor. What are yalls opinions?

I went with BAER drilled and slotted decelarotrs. I went for looks and the 3year warrenty. They look great IMO.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Baer+Brake/857484/10002/-1

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
nice. Maybe next time around ill get them. Are our rotors exactly 13inch or 12.63. Every place ive called has them as 12.63 except for kragens which the guy measured and it was 13 on the dot.

I also had a slight argument with the sales guy at autozone.

Autozone guy: I see two kinds of rotors 12in or 10in.
Me: Machs only came with 13inch
autozone: Yea the 12's are 12.63 so its rounded up.
me: Thanks for your time.

Another one lol

Autozone girl: We dont have these in and I can order them
me: why cant you order them
Autozone girl: I dont know have a nice day *click*
ALot of them have bad info. Have them look up the 03-04 Cobra's and see what they come up with. If it's the same thing, then they are accurate, if they have different parts and sizes, they're wrong. We had the same brakes as the 03/04 cobra's.

Nineonesix

Established Member
ALot of them have bad info. Have them look up the 03-04 Cobra's and see what they come up with. If it's the same thing, then they are accurate, if they have different parts and sizes, they're wrong. We had the same brakes as the 03/04 cobra's.

Well put them on today. Blank rotors with black centers. I rather like the looks over the rusted color lol.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
So what would you guys recommend for companies and performance. I want the best bang for my buck, but not necessarily expensive rotors and brakes.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well put them on today. Blank rotors with black centers. I rather like the looks over the rusted color lol.
Yeah..the rusty one's suck. LOL
So what would you guys recommend for companies and performance. I want the best bang for my buck, but not necessarily expensive rotors and brakes.
IDK. I never changed mine. I started to research it, but didn't get far before getting rid of mine.

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member

You have a number of suggestions for rotors in this thread.

Pads: Either the EXACT SAME pads that came on the car or Hawk HPS's. The pads that came on the car are special order through Ford part number (F5ZZ-2001-A) . The ones over the counter at Ford dealership are not the EXACT same pads,

Last edited:

Mach1Thunder

Established Member
I just replaced my front rotors with stock brembos from 50resto.com for 145 and Hawk HPS pads from ebay for $65. Was researching drilled rotors, but brembos where too expensive and did't want to go with another brand.

Autobarn has the lowest price for the stock brembo rotors for $125 shipped plus 6% off going through fatwallet.com, but the they are not known for having great service and I needed mine right away. 50resto.com had mine to me in two days with the cheapest shipping.

Furinox

Established Member
if all you change is the rotors and you go to a slotted/drilled rotor you are going to lose performance, but it will be so slight you wont notice. Brake pads are much better with today's technology and no longer really need the gas dissipation. The more surface area that the brake pad touches the better you will stop -- slots and holes decrease the surface area. For those that argue heat dissipation, thats why the rotors are vented in the center section.

Users who are viewing this thread