Replacement mid pipe for factory exhaust

svt_redf1re

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new mid pipe for my 2012 GT500 but I'm not sure what size to go with to be able to bolt right up to factory manifolds and cat back.

This MRT says it bolts in, looks like it's 2.75 factory connect on the manifold side, but 2.5" on the catback side and everything I've read says that 2012 has a 2.75 exhaust

This Stainless works also says it bolts up to factory manifolds (2.75) but I believe has a 3" catback connect.

Not sure which one of these to go with or which one will actually fit as I don't have the car yet to measure. If any of you are using these or know what I should get that will fit correctly I'd much appreciate it! TIA

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
From the MRT link:
"
This product is for Racing Competition only and is not legal for use in highway or street vehicles or other non-racing competition off-road vehicles.

Purchasing this product requires you to sign our Vehicle Compliance Waiver HERE "
From the Stainless works link:
" FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE. THE SALE, USE, OR INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT MAY ALSO BE ILLEGAL NATIONWIDE UNDER THE FEDERAL CLEAN AIR ACT (42 U.S.C. § 7522(A)(3)) "

Running no cats will throw codes,.............what's the plan ??

enormous

Established Member
Your gonna need a plan as noted above. Nobody will want to tune it for liability reasons .....
Plus, is going to be Nascar loud, stink and not very tasteful sound wise to most people.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Your gonna need a plan as noted above. Nobody will want to tune it for liability reasons .....
Plus, is going to be Nascar loud, stink and not very tasteful sound wise to most people.

GTFO........

Its hardly gonna be NASCAR loud, it'll burn the production oils off at first which isnt bad, and adding an off road H pipe to an otherwise stock system is a very tasteful and desirable mod here in the U.S.

OP, looking at my 2012 build sheet, I had the Lethal O/R H....did they stop carrying it?

Hit me up via PM if you need a place to get it tuned that WILL tune out the check engine lights etc

Users who are viewing this thread