Replacement door pins

johnh

Established Member
Does anybody else think the replacement door pins with r/c body clips looks cheesy? It's almost like a quick disconnect for your doors. As restorations become more common I'm curious if there will be a better replacement for the factory pins.

On the contrary, I did replace the door pins, rollers and striker bushings so it's nice to have those parts available.

For reference:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...-Mustang-Door-Hinge-Pin-And-Bushings-Set-Of-4

big dad

Established Member
Not a big fan of the Jesus clips at the ends either. There is a retainer washer that presses on one way and won't move the other way that would look much nicer. I can't remember what the correct name for it is though.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I've ordered new pins from LMR but have not installed them yet.

Right now both door panels are off and I've replaced the door handles, window motors, window guides and door actuators. Door pins are next, might be ordering the rollers and striker bushings as well.

WillyB93

Established Member
I replaced one on my old 88 GT years ago, all they offered was this style you posted. I actually used another style Ford pin that was offered at the local parts store, the name of the company was "Help" which now may have merged with "dorman" searching them on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread