Replaced my rear sportlines springs with Prokit springs now possible issue

kona12

Established Member
Need some feedback. Ive been running Eibach sportlines since Ive first purchased my track pack for 2 yrs now, been to track many times never had issues with wheel hop and good runs. Also car comes with GT500 LCA which I believe helped alot thats why Ive never swapped them. So as of 2wks now ive replaced the rear springs with prokits to get some height about .4 and take alittle of the stiff ride away. So this past weekend went to track one final time b4 winter comes in and car would not hook wheel hop all day was so annoyed. crappy day. Been using same tires changed nothing just springs. If this helps there were 2 vettes who have broken some axles same day.

Had 2 thoughts of this issue.

1"
track wasnt prepped right considering night b4 morning it was 30 deg.
2"
Has changing my rear springs raising car would have change geometry and cause the wheel hop to start.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I'm thinking track prep and lack of upper. I've seen a post where a guy said the Upper control arm is what helps wheel hop most. He has a video camera under car for proof. He has bmr. I went with a white line and that thing is solid compared to the cheaply made rubbery bushing stocker

Posted via Topify on Android

mhyjek

Established Member
I'm thinking track prep and lack of upper. I've seen a post where a guy said the Upper control arm is what helps wheel hop most. He has a video camera under car for proof. He has bmr. I went with a white line and that thing is solid compared to the cheaply made rubbery bushing stocker

I had whiteline and the limited amount of adjustment made use BMR Adj UCA and it is better than whiteline hands down and has alot more adjustment in it. OP get the BMR and you will be very happy! Also wheel hop will be a thing of the past!

kingcobra323

Established Member
Yeah that's true the whiteline was limited on pinion adjustment but worked fine for me. The Bmr is best I'd say but the white line was jus t enough for my prokit drop

Angry50

Established Member
it seems odd that he would have no wheel hope on the sport lines but the get it from the PROs. i would think raising back up would put the angle back in alignment. or could it be the difference from the front springs to the rear springs?

Users who are viewing this thread