Replace your steering rack bushings!

SlowSVT

Established Member
One thing to keep in mind with the aluminum rack bushings is that they will transmit more road shock to the steering gear. There will be more of a vibration/small hammering effect on the rack and pinion. Not sure if this is a long term problem but something to consider. A U-jointed steering shaft will compound the problem. Needless to say I have both mods.

rage_svt

Established Member
I just looked at MM's site, and the product. They say the following:

We don't recommend offset rack bushings for stock K-Members... blah blah blah

Has anyone had any problems with using a stock k-member? I have an 04 Cobra, and have quite a bit of "play" in the steering that I am trying to get rid of. Thanks for any input.

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
rage_svt said:
I just looked at MM's site, and the product. They say the following:

We don't recommend offset rack bushings for stock K-Members... blah blah blah

Has anyone had any problems with using a stock k-member? I have an 04 Cobra, and have quite a bit of "play" in the steering that I am trying to get rid of. Thanks for any input.

The aluminum bushings do aid in getting rid of the "play" in your steering. I put them in my Cobra, which has the stock k-member.

I describe "play" as the un-coupled feeling you have between you steering the car and the car linearly responding to your steering input. Its the annoying sensation of you not totally being in control of your steering. I replaced the bushings and noticed an immediate improvement with the "play." I do, however, have a little bit more road noise transmitted to my steering. Its not that much though.

rage_svt

Established Member
dustin said:
The aluminum bushings do aid in getting rid of the "play" in your steering. I put them in my Cobra, which has the stock k-member.

I describe "play" as the un-coupled feeling you have between you steering the car and the car linearly responding to your steering input. Its the annoying sensation of you not totally being in control of your steering. I replaced the bushings and noticed an immediate improvement with the "play." I do, however, have a little bit more road noise transmitted to my steering. Its not that much though.

Awesome! I'll order these right now then! Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread