replace motor mounts 2002 svt

m3viper

Hey took my 2002 svt into ford to replace alternator and they said I had a broken motor mount. They wanted 400.00 to replace it.... I would think it would be best to replace both. I do not have the floor jack to do the work but I have a friend that could help. Is there a video on how to do this. Should I go with a stock mount or is there a better one out there.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Steve should chime in, but you want OEM mounts. The aftermarket ones fail prematurely. You should be able to get Passenger and Driver mounts for ~$400.

You and you friend should be able to handle the install.

97PacificGreen

Established Member
I went with polyurethane motor mounts from summit when I swapped my motor. 136 bucks and 20,000+ miles later holding strong. The only complaint I have is the motor shakes the car a bit more

Steve@Tasca

There are three mounts, the main one that fails is passengers side. The passengers side mount is fairly easy to replace but if you aren't comfortable working on cars then don't do it yourself.

Passengers 2M5Z*6038*AA $160.14
Lower YS4Z*6068*MA $60.17
Drivers 5S4Z*7M121*A $40.11

If you daily drive it I'd stay away from urethane on the upper mounts but I would replace the lower with an aftermarket or else urethane inserts.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread