Repairing clear coat/scratches.. quick tips plz!

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
First off, I have limited detailing experience.
Never have used pads/machines to apply.
My limited experiences includes.
Clay Bar.
Hand waxing. Microfiber/mits.. all manual application.
Interior detailing, all done by hand.
Now I have a few minor scratches, and a 3x3 inch spot where the clearcoat was rubbed out by a scratch remover, and an ignorant shop worker.
The scratches are not too deep, and are relatively smooth to the touch.
What process/products do I need to follow to remove the scratches, and repair the clearcoat?
For w/e reason after claying the car the scratches will disappear until the next wash. Im assuming this means they`re relatively minor, and repairable.
Then again I know nothing. :shrug:
Also, if anyone has a recommendation for re-dipping a set of wheels, would be useful. My rims are chipped up, and are due for a new coat. Any places that are good? They basically need to be powder-coated, and sanded/repaired as necessary. NYC has ditto, need to mail them out for the pwdr. Willing to ship them nationally.

:beer:

Last edited:

SVT2122

Established Member
I would think you need to at least hit it with a buffer and a heavy polish, if that won't work you could wet sand the scratches out and than buff. What exactly is wrong with your wheels? Are they painted or chrome? There's a good powder coating place up by me in Rockland County. I'd be willing to help you out with your paint if you can't find anyone locally.

Users who are viewing this thread