Repaired Transmission!!

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Got my car back yesterday from the shop.

Ford replaced 2nd and 5th gears and all new syncros, new fluid, and added my Tri-Ax and the upgraded bushings.

Huge improvement! Shifts like my 6060's with the Tri-Ax's on them.

The car now feels correct with just the right amount of throw, and all positive engagement in each gear.

I don't know if it is the bushing or the shifter, but the gear changes are in 1/2 the time.

Very happy!

Mike

BADBOSS

Established Member
Mike,

did you have any mods or fluid experiments on the transmission before you took it to the dealer? If so, did you take it back to stock before taking to dealer?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Mike,

did you have any mods or fluid experiments on the transmission before you took it to the dealer? If so, did you take it back to stock before taking to dealer?

We had the TSB done with the new fluid at Ford with ~200 miles. It helped the shifting, but did nothing for the gear issues. With the issues I was having I would not touch the fluid and then get blamed for the failures.... Many have used the RP with HUGE success.

I looked on the slips I got back from Ford and their is no mention for any part numbers or type of fluid used.....

I hope to drive it this weekend and get more seat time!

Mike

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
We had the TSB done with the new fluid at Ford with ~200 miles. It helped the shifting, but did nothing for the gear issues. With the issues I was having I would not touch the fluid and then get blamed for the failures.... Many have used the RP with HUGE success.

I looked on the slips I got back from Ford and their is no mention for any part numbers or type of fluid used.....

I hope to drive it this weekend and get more seat time!

Mike

Mike,'
keep us posted.
Thanks

c6dreamvette

Established Member
My car is in the shop with no 2nd or 5th gear. It has been there for a week waiting on "special Tools" to tear down the transmission.
I am so glad to hear you had good luck after getting the car back!
That makes me feel better about my trans getting torn apart with only 600 miles.........
Can you get us what fluid they used please.

Also has anyone used a Steda short throw shifter?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
My second and fifth gears were gone and the syncros were replaced.

I have the Tri-Ax on the car now with the Black bushing upgrade and it is a huge difference in shifting. I am now having high RPM stickiness..... Never experienced this where it does not want to come out of gear easily..... Still loving it, and still getting use to it fixed.....

Mike

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
My second and fifth gears were gone and the syncros were replaced.

I have the Tri-Ax on the car now with the Black bushing upgrade and it is a huge difference in shifting. I am now having high RPM stickiness..... Never experienced this where it does not want to come out of gear easily..... Still loving it, and still getting use to it fixed.....

Mike

Thanks for the reply... stickiness is a good term, at high RPM's second feels like mush, and grinds it's ass off. I let the rpms drop and it's shifts perfect. Guess I will be calling Steeda Monday morning. Thanks again :beer:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Mike,

No mods, and Ford did a TSB on the fluid change.... before the rebuild.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread