Votes: 14 21.2%
  • blackk with red flake

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • other

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Like the title states, It has finally came time to respray my 03. It has 2 small door dings, numerous rock chips, and is beginning to show some age. So the question is what color of black do i spray it? Im thinking either: stock black, a subaru black that has lots of blue flake in it, or black with red flake. If you have any other input let me know, but it will be some shade of black

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
only color i know of is the stock black and the black with blue is called midnight black pearl from subaru

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
the job will be of high quality, i went to school for auto body. Two of my friends will also be helping, one has a degree from NADC for auto body and the other has been doing it for 20 years. So the job will cost $500 or so but be of the best quality

kg2000GT

Established Member
How about lava red? (2012 mustang color and 2010 Harley Davidson F150 color, paint code UZ) Looks black in shade/undirect sunlight and plain awesime in the sun!

Last edited:

AdamR@Gotham

Established Member
Are you doing all the jams and under the hood ? If not I would stick with the stock black.

Were are you buying materials for $500 ? A gallon of good paint will be more than that.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Are you doing all the jams and under the hood ? If not I would stick with the stock black.

Were are you buying materials for $500 ? A gallon of good paint will be more than that.

I still get my discount at the paint store from when i used to work at a body shop, so i think ill get out for right around 500, already have a gallon of clear that i had left over from a couple of side jobs i did. Most likely will be spraying the car with martin senor paint, i have had great luck with it in the past, and yes if i go with the flake then i will have to paint the jambs etc. I wont be painting underhood though(shock towers/apron), i dont think it will be a noticable enough difference to justify pulling the motor

Users who are viewing this thread