renewed registration on vehicle, lost stickers? quick question.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
howdy all, well anywho, a while back i smogged/renewed the registraction on my dd pickup truck, anywho, not sure if my dad misplaced them or "whatnot" but never got my tags, i just realized the other day, anywho registration is up in a month or so, and i'm just wondering what exactly i'll have to do to get some new stickers, i imagine there's a fee involved, which isnt a big deal, i just need my tags, thanks guys :beer: , i appologize for the lack of punctuation in this thread . . . . , , , . . . .

oldmodman

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure what your question is....but.

I have lived in California my entire life and you shouldn't need either your current registration or you license plate stickers to renew your Ca. registration. Your renewal bill arrives in the mail. And you either pay it on the internet, mail it to the DMV, or if you are a member of the AAA go pay it there.

If you are registering your out of state vehicle for the first time in Caliifornia you will need to go to the DMV with the following items. A smog check, proof of insurance, proof of ownership (in Ca it's the pink slip or notice of ownership from a bank or loan company). Plus you may be asked for your current registration to prove that you have not been operating an unregistered vehicle. if your vehicle has never entered Ca. and you are registering it before bringing it in I would suggest checking the DMV website.

txyaloo

Established Member
Google is your friend - the first hit for "california lost registration sticker" gives you all the info you need.

You need to fill out this form and take or mail it to your local DMV office:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg156.pdf

Choose the option for "License Sticker". The fee is ~$17.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
oldmodman said:
I'm not exactly sure what your question is....but.

hah, sorry i kinda ramble sometimes....

txyaloo said:
Google is your friend - the first hit for "california lost registration sticker" gives you all the info you need.

You need to fill out this form and take or mail it to your local DMV office:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg156.pdf

Choose the option for "License Sticker". The fee is ~$17.

Users who are viewing this thread