removing valve covers

PA SNAKE

Established Member
If you do a search on Valve Cover removal, you'll see tons of threads, "how to's" and tips... its NOT that easy...

Good Luck...

GodStang

Established Member
Its by no means hard it is just a pain in the butt. If you have a KB/whipple you have to remove the blower for the passanger side. The driver side we loosened the brake booster enough to slide to the side and it came right off.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
GodStang said:
Its by no means hard it is just a pain in the butt. If you have a KB/whipple you have to remove the blower for the passanger side. The driver side we loosened the brake booster enough to slide to the side and it came right off.

+1. I did mine during my whipple install. There is no way I would do it after already having a whipple or kb on there unless I was already needing to remove it for something.

The passenger side went on like butter but the driver side was a PITA. The main part that sucked was getting my clutch cable unhooked.

A little tip.........If you do it make sure you put a towel or something down under the brake booster to catch the power stearing fluid that will run out, have a bottle of ps fluid ready to fill that back up, and put a towel on your new cam cover while you wiggle it into place so you dont ding it up.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
It was a weekend project for me. Saturday I replaced the valve covers and then I spent Sunday morning bleeding the brakes (I took the whole master cylinder off to make the valve cover install easier). What a PITA! :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread