Removing the side and/or hood stripes??

Driver72

Established Member
I ordered the side and hood stripes on my 11 GT.
On the commercial and on the website they look like solid flat black stripes.

However a member here posted a pic that I noticed had the word MUSTANG carved out on the side stripes.
I don't care for that AT ALL. To redundant and not necessary.

I asked if I could change my order to remove them but it was too late. So I figured, ok I'll just wait to see what it looks like.
Well yesterday I finally saw an 11 GT with the side and hood stripes in person.
And not only do they have Mustang engraved in them, but they have this lame poka-dot graphic in them in parts.

I was bummed. I usually don't like graphics on cars but I took a chance with these as they appeared to be solid flat black and made the sterling grey 11 GT look badass from a distance.
Ford does not show close up pics or even a description of the graphics stating they have Mustang engraved in them on their website.

Now either have to pay the $395 for them and remove them just throwing that money away, or re-order a new one without them and wait an additional month.

So I'm wondering if I choose to throw the money away to get the car sooner, how difficult are those graphic stripes to remove and will there be any paint damage?

Thanks

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I took a heat gun to the vinyl mustang stripes on my wife's 2011 V-6 a week after I bought it. They came right off with no damage or residue. I think the key is to get them off while they are fresh.

Driver72

Established Member
Great thanks, I'll probably take them off in the first day or two of ownership then.

Users who are viewing this thread