Removing The Bottom Leaf Spring

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
I installed some JLP shackles on my truck but my truck still sits a lil higher in the rear. I was thinking about removing the bottom leaf spring, the small overload spring. By me removing it will it affect anything on the truck? I mean will the supension be to soft for track duty. I have the alignment shims under the leafs, should i remove them if i take out the bottom leaf? Thanks Lil John

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I took out the second leaf from the bottom which lowered it more than I think you'll get from taking the bottom one out. I really like the drop it gave me. I removed the shim and my pinion angle is about 3*.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I removed mine (bottom helper spring) and I have no issues. Dropped the rear about an inch. I tried the second spring but for me it was to bouncy.

Depending on your pinion angle you might need to remove the shim entirely or turn it around to lift the front of the pinion up.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you have the JLP's set on the lowest setting, removing the bottom leaf and shim will get you anohter 1/2" drop and put your pinion angle at ~ -1.5 to -2.0* which is where I run mine. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread