Removing Speed Limiting in Vert

toro1966

Toro 66
Established Member
So I am debating on the vert or coupe. No question this is the car I want, but I loved my '03 10th vert. My biggest problem with the '13 vert, and admittedly it's a little OCD, is that I don't like limited anything...

Any chance a tune could remove the 155 speed limiting on the vert?

vanhagar

Established Member
Do you not think its limited to 155 for a reason....maybe no downforce to hold it on the road at higher speeds? Just a thought, but what do I know??

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
I mean...dont you think that maybe, just maybe there is a reason why Ford limited the vert to 155mph? You really want to go faster than that in a convertible mustang?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I think in the OP it was more of a limit thing. Just didn't want a limit on it at all like the coupe

topless10th

Established Member
Do you not think its limited to 155 for a reason....maybe no downforce to hold it on the road at higher speeds? Just a thought, but what do I know??

what do you think will happen? flip upside and barrel roll? how much security do you think the metal roof provides at 155+? probably better off in the glass roof, those corner braces look solid. some folks have been that fast in a less capable vehicle with the top down. the 95mph rev limiter on my f-350 bugs the hell out of me in certain situations and there is no reason for an 8500lb truck to do more... not saying i want to or will go 1??

reason4treason

Established Member
i'd just like to see some vid of 4 people in a vert with the top down doing 185+. now that'd be entertaining. probably rather not be one of those 4 though. America rocks!

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
why???

liability, the mustang doesn't have an active or passive "roll over protection system" like the dodge viper and most other exotics, and every european premium/luxury brand convertible i can think of. could also be that the top can't withstand the forces at that speed as well. it's not because the convertible will instantly flip over if you hit 156MPH.

Last edited:

toro1966

Toro 66
Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies guys. As some mentioned, I don't intend on blowing down the highway at 200mph. Additionally, as we all know, there aren't many tracks that would even allow you to run a convertible. Again, I just like knowing that I could remove it if I wanted to. Truthfully, I spend far more time cruising around then I do on the track, so it looks like it will probably be vert for me! Thanks again. Appreciate all of the responses.

vanhagar

Established Member
what do you think will happen? flip upside and barrel roll? how much security do you think the metal roof provides at 155+? probably better off in the glass roof, those corner braces look solid. some folks have been that fast in a less capable vehicle with the top down. the 95mph rev limiter on my f-350 bugs the hell out of me in certain situations and there is no reason for an 8500lb truck to do more... not saying i want to or will go 1??

Who said anything about flipping or barrel rolling?? All I said was something to do with down force maybe. Perhaps its not aerodynamically "sound" above 155 and gets squirrelly, thus becoming a liability as stated above.
BTW, I got the glass roof so I feel a lot safer now!!

Users who are viewing this thread