Removing Road Paint from a Car

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
So I did a search but it's almost impossible to get the results I want when searching the word "paint" in the detail section...

Anyway, my buddy ran over some freshly painted road lines the other day and it got on his paint and up in the wheel wells. What type of products do you guys use to get this stuff off of either of those surfaces? Thanks

Mike

jf4boogie

Established Member
This is one of the most annoying things to get off of a car.

I have had decent luck with claying the paint and pressure washing the fender wheels to get off 90% of whats in the wheel well.

On cars for dealerships I've had to go as far as plastic razor blading some of the bad areas. I soaped up the area well and kept a spray bottle handy. Afterwards I buffed the area to remove any minor scratches. Keep in mind that this was a dealership car

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
This happened to me too. There's no way your getting it out of the wheel well, but to paint it over. Use EZ Off Oven Cleaner on the paint. It worked great for me.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
This happened to me too. There's no way your getting it out of the wheel well, but to paint it over. Use EZ Off Oven Cleaner on the paint. It worked great for me.

EZ Off huh? Interesting. I'll let him know that as well. I think he used the WD40 trick and a plastic blade. The wheel wells suck. Would paint thinner or something work in there?

Users who are viewing this thread