Removing Rear Seats

jfclague

Established Member
I am trying to remove the rear seats. I am having a little trouble. I read on the forum that you need to push two buttons under the cushions (towards the front of the seat) but I can seem to get them off.

Can anyone provided a little help?

Thanks

tommygun

Established Member
there is a clip on each side that holds the lower portion of the seat on, I leaned into it wiht my knee and got them to pop out. Its a PIA

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Here is a tutorial I found on the process.

The factory bottom cushion is held in place by two locking mechanisms - one under the forward part of the center of each seat. The locks are released by pushing in on the tabs with a screwdriver and then lifting the cushion up. Insert a screwdriver between the seat and the floor all the way on one side. Then slide the screwdriver to the center of the car until it hits something about 9 inches from the edge). Now use your hands to pry the seat out of the way. You should see a white latch. You push in on the front of it while pushing the seat down and the seat will come loose. Repeat this on the other side. Use a socket set to remove the white clips. The seat back is also held on by a pair of bolts at the bottom. Remove those and lift the seat back off. To remove the seatbelts, use your socket set and torx bits as necessary to remove the bottom and rear mounting points.

Users who are viewing this thread